Czech Republic: Latest beverage news & analysis
Reports this week that Pernod Ricard is looking to offload Czech liqueur brand Becherovka are on the money. Reuters' story on Tuesday (1 April) was not an April Fool.
It's been an interesting few days for me, having been to Czech for the first time, to visit Budejovicky Budvar.
This week, just-drinks is in Czech, visiting Budejovicky Budvar. Ahead of an interview with the brewer's general director, which will run next week, here are some facts about the firm, its home town, its facilities, and its brands.
It may be 170 years old, but the “original golden lager” is getting a new lease of life from the explosion in popularity of craft beer in Europe.
Several analysts believe that CVC Capital will struggle to raise serious offers for its StarBev beer business if it is intent on selling up. Here, just-drinks looks at the market chatter.
The Stoli Group is to switch its distributors in Central Europe.
Budejovicky Budvar has launched a third limited edition run of its Bud B: Strong iteration.
Czech brewer Budejovicky Budvar has reported "record" full-year sales and volumes increases, but volumes growth in exports slowed after a strong 2013.
Pivovary Lobkowicz has taken full control of fellow Czech brewer Pivovar Rychtár by acquiring the 30% stake it did not already own in the group.
Budejovicky Budvar is rolling out a cherry-flavoured extension of its namesake beer brand to Germany, the UK and the US.
SABMiller is to launch a new range of cans for its non-alcoholic beer brand Birell that changes colour when the liquid reaches its optimum temperature.
Scottish brewer Innis & Gunn has rolled out two of its beers to the Czech Republic to target the country's developing craft beer market.
Heineken has branded reports that it is in negotiation to sell its Czech operations to Molson Coors as “speculative rumours”.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has confirmed its purchase of Pivovar Samson in Czech and has warned that the transaction “further strengthens” its position in the legal row with Budejovicky Budvar.
Budejovicky Budvar has launched a half-litre can extension of Pardál Echt Pale in its domestic market.
The long-running spat between US and Czech brewers stepped up a notch this week after the Czech president described American beer as “filthy water”.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- This week in spirits & wine
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts