Colombia: Latest beverage news & analysis
With markets as varied as SABMiller's, there's always going to be a few bad eggs in quarterly results. Yesterday's first-half statement was no different, with China and Australia marked out as the problem pupils. Latin America, in contrast, behaved impeccably with the region boosting sales by 4% and EBITDA by a healthy 7%.
The Latin American unit of Anheuser-Busch InBev has made a move into the craft beer category in Colombia through the purchase of Bogotá Beer Co.
Financial regulators in Colombia have waved through a deal allowing private conglomerate Postobón and Compania Cervecerias Unidas (CCU) to brew and sell Heineken's brands in the South American country, according to reports.
Diageo has launched a store exclusively for its own brands in Colombia's main international airport.
CCU, the Chilean drinks firm, is set to launch into the Colombian beer market after signing a joint-venture deal with private conglomerate Postobón.
SABMiller has appointed a new president of its Colombian brewing subsidiary, Bavaria.
Coca-Cola Co has released a bottle for its trademark brand made entirely out of ice.
Coca-Cola FEMSA is to increase investment in Colombia to take advantage of the country's fast-growing economy.
Coca-Cola FEMSA is to build a US$160m bottling facility in Colombia, according to reports.
SABMiller's Colombian division, Bavaria, has set up a US$1.3bn bond and commercial paper programme.
SABMiller has confirmed the replacement for Karl Lippert as president of its Colombian subsidiary, Bavaria.
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Inver House Distillers posts FY profits leap
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research