Colombia: Latest beverage news & analysis
With markets as varied as SABMiller's, there's always going to be a few bad eggs in quarterly results. Yesterday's first-half statement was no different, with China and Australia marked out as the problem pupils. Latin America, in contrast, behaved impeccably with the region boosting sales by 4% and EBITDA by a healthy 7%.
South American drinks company Compania Cervecerias Unidas has said construction of its Colombia brewery is scheduled to start in the first half of this year.
Molson Coors has lined up the roll-out of its Coors Light brand in Colombia.
The drinks trade has welcomed a European Union request that would see the World Trade Organisation tackle Colombia over what is perceived as being unfair taxation.
The Latin American unit of Anheuser-Busch InBev has made a move into the craft beer category in Colombia through the purchase of Bogotá Beer Co.
Financial regulators in Colombia have waved through a deal allowing private conglomerate Postobón and Compania Cervecerias Unidas (CCU) to brew and sell Heineken's brands in the South American country, according to reports.
Diageo has launched a store exclusively for its own brands in Colombia's main international airport.
CCU, the Chilean drinks firm, is set to launch into the Colombian beer market after signing a joint-venture deal with private conglomerate Postobón.
SABMiller has appointed a new president of its Colombian brewing subsidiary, Bavaria.
Coca-Cola Co has released a bottle for its trademark brand made entirely out of ice.
Coca-Cola FEMSA is to increase investment in Colombia to take advantage of the country's fast-growing economy.
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Beam Suntory turns Asda Japanese with Midori push
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends