China: Latest beverage news & analysis
This week, Anheuser-Busch InBev is holding an investors seminar in China. Here's a low-down on the company's footprint in the country and in Asia Pacific, as well as its expectations for the future, courtesy of data from Nomura and Exane BNP Paribas.
Rabobank has released a report on the Chinese alcohol market that predicts huge growth in flavoured alcoholic beverages as demand for traditional beer subsides. Here's a round-up of some of the reports key findings:
Pernod Ricard has said it is looking beyond its Chivas range to find growth in China's struggling Scotch whisky market.
Pernod Ricard's Asia head has said the unit is on track in China after a better-than-expected Chinese New Year saw Cognac volumes improve.
Five years ago this month, Diageo signed a deal to take a controlling stake in China's Sichuan Chengdu Quanxing Group, the company behind the baijiu brand Shuijingfang.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has refused to be drawn on speculation that it is looking to retain SABMiller's stake in the owner of the world's largest lager brand, CR Snow.
Voss Water has sold a controlling stake in its namesake brand to Red Bull China owner Reignwood Group.
China's bottled water consumption increased by 9% last year, but the market remains fragmented and national brands face tough competition from regional players, a new report has said.
Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) has signed up its wine brand Wolf Blass to sponsor the National Basketball Association's Chinese arm ahead of a new marketing push in the country.
Anti-extravagance measures have changed China's Cognac market irrevocably, an analyst has said.
Domestic beer volumes in China dropped in the first half of this year as imports continued to grow, new figures show.
The CEO of Remy Cointreau has said the next generation of drinkers will help boost growth in China.
New Zealand wine company Delegat has entered the Chinese market through a newly-opened office in Shanghai.
ProWein has reported a 25% increase in trade visitors to its Shanghai event ProWine China.
The tradition of gifting in China is not coming back, but the Government's stance against luxury on-trade could soften if the country's slowdown continues, a Remy Cointreau executive has said.
Tennis player Novak Djokovic was on top of the world yesterday after defeating Andy Murray in four sets to take the Australian Open title.
A joint US and Chinese study released this week found that a tea made with broccoli sprouts helps the body to break down and expunge high levels of the chemical benzene.
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Moet Hennessy sees China rebound in strong FY
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research