Latest beverage news & analysis in China and Asia
In August, when the Coca-Cola Co announced it was to pay US$2.15bn for a 16.7% stake in Monster Beverage Co, there was a general consensus t...
China may be the world's second biggest economy but, when it comes to global brand-building, the country lags most top nations....
Yesterday it emerged that China is to drop duty on imports of Australian wine after the two countries signed a new free trade agreement. Her...
SodaStream International is to shift its focus away from soda towards the growing sparkling water market to counteract its struggles in the...
Later this year, Shanghai will host the second ProWine China, a sister event to Düsseldorf's ProWein. Here, just-drinks' Andy Morton speaks to head organiser Marius Berlemann to find out how preparations are going for the November show.
Vijay Mallya, owner of the UB Group, sits astride an enormous business empire which includes some of the largest drinks operations in one of the world’s most exciting emerging markets. In the second part of this month’s just-drinks interview, Mallya spoke with Olly Wehring about his companies’ activities in the Indian beers and spirits sectors, and the exciting opportunities ahead for the country’s fledgling wine market.
United Spirits is again asking shareholders to vote on plans to allow it to produce and sell the spirits brands of parent Diageo in India.
Brown-Forman has signed a "co-operation agreement" with Chinese baijiu maker Wuliangye Yibin Co.
John Distilleries, the Indian spirits producer, is gearing up to enter the US market in 2015 with its Paul John single malt whisky brand.
Tito's Handmade Vodka has launched in the Philippines after owner Fifth Generation secured a distribution deal.
Diageo has said it is “surprised and disappointed” after losing a vote by United Spirits' shareholders over plans for the firm to produce and sell some of Diageo's spirits brands in India.
Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages has unveiled plans for a a US$160m manufacturing plant in southern India.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future