Chile: Latest beverage news & analysis
This week, editor Olly Wehring has been travelling through the winelands of Chile with the country's biggest wine producer, Concha y Toro. While there, he met Sebastian Aguirre, the company's marketing director for premium wines, to delve deeper into CyT's biggest brand, Casillero del Diablo.
My time in Chile, courtesy of Concha y Toro, is fast drawing to an end. Having reported on both the country's wine industry broadly, and the company specifically for the better part of ten years, this visit has put quite a bit of meat on the bones of my knowledge of all things Chilean. Such as:
just-drinks has spent this week visiting Chile as a guest of the country's largest wine producer, Concha y Toro. Here's a closer look at the facts and figures behind Chile's wine industry
Chile's strong peso currency is threatening to gatecrash the Vina Concha y Toro party.
Chile's wine industry is facing enforced consolidation due to pressure on wineries' profitability, but the country's longer-term future looks much brighter.
CCU has reported a strong start to 2015, with both sales and profits in the first three months performing well.
Concha y Toro has described 2014 as a "banner year" as sales and profits both reported healthy growth.
In 1883, Don Melchor de Santiago Concha took his father's surname, Concha, and put it together with his mother's surname, Toro, to form Concha y Toro.
Concha y Toro has invested US$5m on a dedicated research and innovation facility in Chile that has opened this week.
Molson Coors is to launch two of its beer brands in Chile through Heineken-controlled drinks company CCU.
Concha Y Toro, the Chilean wine producer, has reported a jump in nine-month net profits and sales, but volumes suffered in Q3.
The rum category has had a torrid time in Chile over the past three years, with volumes plunging and international brands exiting.
Chilean wine group Santa Rita Estates (SRE) has appointed a new CEO as the current incumbent has left after nearly four years in the role.
Coca-Cola Andina has reported a double-digit lift in first-half sales, helped by the acquisition of Brazilian drinks firm Ipiranga, but has warned of slowing consumption levels in its four markets.
CCU has seen its profits perform well in the first half of 2014, thanks to a one-off payment to its Argentinean unit.
A very early start today, with Carla Errazuriz from Concha y Toro's fine wine division picking me up from our Santiago hotel at 0700.
After yesterday's introduction to Chile, today was all about Concha y Toro – that's to be expected, seeing as they invited me here.
Buenas dias from Chile. I'm here as a guest of the UK arm of Concha y Toro for the week, during which I'll be shown the company's wine-making operations not only here but over the border in Argentina.
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research