Canada: Latest beverage news & analysis
Molson Coors has said there is “more work to be done” on Coors Light in Canada despite a slight rally for the brand in the second quarter.
Molson Coors’ CEO has declared that innovation remains the company’s “top priority” in 2014 as part of a bid to attract new drinkers.
Earlier today, Molson Coors reported a healthy rise in full-year net profits and sales. Fourth-quarter profits also leapt, but the brewer's sales were flat in the last three months of the year. Here just-drinks takes closer look at the brewer’s Q4 performance by region.
A new report - From Farm to Glass: The Value of Beer - published today (5 November) reveals some key facts and figures on Canada's beer market. Here's we present highlights from the report, which was commissioned by Beer Canada, and published by the Conference Board of Canada:
Molson Coors' sponsorship deal with the National Hockey League will boost the brewer's volumes later this year in underperforming Canada, according to an analyst.
Molson Coors' apple lager Mad Jack is to roll out across Canada after a test launch in Ontario and Quebec.
Brick Brewing Co has appointed Jim Manz as director of sales for its domestic market.
Canada's Big Rock Brewery has announced an expansion into new territories as full-year results showed a drop in profits and sales.
The Coca-Cola Co's Canadian unit is to reduce the calorie count of its flagship cola brand by 8%.
Brick Brewing Co has seen a slight dip in third-quarter sales, but the Canadian craft brewer's bottom line remains healthy.
A private-equity firm to set to acquire Canadian RTD tea maker Blu-Dot for an undisclosed amount.
The George Clooney-owned Tequila Casamigos has launched into Canada as the brand expands its international footprint.
Molson Coors has announced details of its latest dividend payment.
SABMiller is to regain the rights for its Miller brands in Canada after settling a long-running legal dispute with Molson Coors.
Industry bodies have welcomed the prospect of final sign-off over a “landmark” trade deal between the EU and Canada, which includes scrapping import tariffs on spirits and wines.
I predicted that the Molson Canadian beer fridge marketing concept had legs - and so it is proving.
It must be high-fives all round among the marketing team at Molson Coors’ Canada unit.
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets