Canada: Latest beverage news & analysis
Molson Coors has said there is “more work to be done” on Coors Light in Canada despite a slight rally for the brand in the second quarter.
Molson Coors’ CEO has declared that innovation remains the company’s “top priority” in 2014 as part of a bid to attract new drinkers.
Earlier today, Molson Coors reported a healthy rise in full-year net profits and sales. Fourth-quarter profits also leapt, but the brewer's sales were flat in the last three months of the year. Here just-drinks takes closer look at the brewer’s Q4 performance by region.
A new report - From Farm to Glass: The Value of Beer - published today (5 November) reveals some key facts and figures on Canada's beer market. Here's we present highlights from the report, which was commissioned by Beer Canada, and published by the Conference Board of Canada:
Molson Coors' sponsorship deal with the National Hockey League will boost the brewer's volumes later this year in underperforming Canada, according to an analyst.
Pernod Ricard's Canadian affiliate Corby Spirit & Wine has blamed an inventory build-up ahead of a push into the US for a drop in sales and profits.
The US has moved past Italy and France to become the biggest importer of table wine to Canada, new figures have shown.
Diageo has released the first blended rye whisky from its Crown Royal Canadian whisky brand.
Canadian craft beer business Brick Brewing Co has agreed a plan with the Toronto Stock Exchange to acquire and cancel about 5% of its shares.
Canadian craft beer group Brick Brewing Co has posted a second consecutive year of record full-year operating profits, despite a slip in sales.
Remy Cointreau is handing distribution of its portfolio in Canada to Glazer's.
William Grant & Sons has expanded the role of its US unit head to include the Canadian market.
Brick Brewing Co has overhauled the packaging for its Seagram Wildberry Vodka Cooler.
Molson Coors' apple lager Mad Jack is to roll out across Canada after a test launch in Ontario and Quebec.
Brick Brewing Co has appointed Jim Manz as director of sales for its domestic market.
I predicted that the Molson Canadian beer fridge marketing concept had legs - and so it is proving.
It must be high-fives all round among the marketing team at Molson Coors’ Canada unit.
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research