Canada: Latest beverage news & analysis
Molson Coors has said there is “more work to be done” on Coors Light in Canada despite a slight rally for the brand in the second quarter.
Molson Coors’ CEO has declared that innovation remains the company’s “top priority” in 2014 as part of a bid to attract new drinkers.
Earlier today, Molson Coors reported a healthy rise in full-year net profits and sales. Fourth-quarter profits also leapt, but the brewer's sales were flat in the last three months of the year. Here just-drinks takes closer look at the brewer’s Q4 performance by region.
A new report - From Farm to Glass: The Value of Beer - published today (5 November) reveals some key facts and figures on Canada's beer market. Here's we present highlights from the report, which was commissioned by Beer Canada, and published by the Conference Board of Canada:
Molson Coors' sponsorship deal with the National Hockey League will boost the brewer's volumes later this year in underperforming Canada, according to an analyst.
SABMiller is to regain the rights for its Miller brands in Canada after settling a long-running legal dispute with Molson Coors.
Industry bodies have welcomed the prospect of final sign-off over a “landmark” trade deal between the EU and Canada, which includes scrapping import tariffs on spirits and wines.
Brick Brewing Co is investing CAD9m (US$8.2m) in expanding its production operations after completing the sale of its original brewhouse in Waterloo, Ontario.
Concha y Toro has set up a joint venture with the agency Charlton Hobbs to distribute its wine brands in Canada.
Brick Brewing Co has returned to profit in its first-half, but sales suffered in Q2 with the company blaming “cooler weather”.
Corby Spirit & Wine has seen a slight increase in its full-year sales, but profits slipped as its domestic market of Canada was “soft” and administration costs rose.
Molson Coors has agreed a “multi-year” deal with Heineken to handle five more of the Dutch brewer's brands in Canada.
Brick Brewing Co has agreed to sell its original brewhouse in Waterloo, Ontario, for CAD4m (US$3.7m), as part of a consolidation strategy.
Brick Brewing Company is looking to boost sales of its Waterloo and Seagram brands in Canada after signing a new distribution deal.
US distributor Wirtz Beverage has officially launched its Canadian unit as it prepares to take control of Diageo brands in the country.
I predicted that the Molson Canadian beer fridge marketing concept had legs - and so it is proving.
It must be high-fives all round among the marketing team at Molson Coors’ Canada unit.
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Comment - Has Scotch Whisky Jumped the Shark?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- Beam Suntory to roll out "Scotch-infused" Bourbon
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Wine in the United Kingdom
- Spirit Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts