Canada: Latest beverage news & analysis
Molson Coors has said there is “more work to be done” on Coors Light in Canada despite a slight rally for the brand in the second quarter.
Molson Coors’ CEO has declared that innovation remains the company’s “top priority” in 2014 as part of a bid to attract new drinkers.
Earlier today, Molson Coors reported a healthy rise in full-year net profits and sales. Fourth-quarter profits also leapt, but the brewer's sales were flat in the last three months of the year. Here just-drinks takes closer look at the brewer’s Q4 performance by region.
A new report - From Farm to Glass: The Value of Beer - published today (5 November) reveals some key facts and figures on Canada's beer market. Here's we present highlights from the report, which was commissioned by Beer Canada, and published by the Conference Board of Canada:
Molson Coors' sponsorship deal with the National Hockey League will boost the brewer's volumes later this year in underperforming Canada, according to an analyst.
A private-equity firm to set to acquire Canadian RTD tea maker Blu-Dot for an undisclosed amount.
The George Clooney-owned Tequila Casamigos has launched into Canada as the brand expands its international footprint.
Molson Coors has announced details of its latest dividend payment.
SABMiller is to regain the rights for its Miller brands in Canada after settling a long-running legal dispute with Molson Coors.
Industry bodies have welcomed the prospect of final sign-off over a “landmark” trade deal between the EU and Canada, which includes scrapping import tariffs on spirits and wines.
Brick Brewing Co is investing CAD9m (US$8.2m) in expanding its production operations after completing the sale of its original brewhouse in Waterloo, Ontario.
Concha y Toro has set up a joint venture with the agency Charlton Hobbs to distribute its wine brands in Canada.
Brick Brewing Co has returned to profit in its first-half, but sales suffered in Q2 with the company blaming “cooler weather”.
Corby Spirit & Wine has seen a slight increase in its full-year sales, but profits slipped as its domestic market of Canada was “soft” and administration costs rose.
Molson Coors has agreed a “multi-year” deal with Heineken to handle five more of the Dutch brewer's brands in Canada.
I predicted that the Molson Canadian beer fridge marketing concept had legs - and so it is proving.
It must be high-fives all round among the marketing team at Molson Coors’ Canada unit.
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018