Latest beverage news & analysis in BRIC
Remy Cointreau's CFO has said the company won't drop Cognac prices in China as it would damage “not only our image, but our DNA”....
Monster Beverage Corp has identified China as one of its long-term priority markets as it continues to step up efforts to enter the country....
In August, when the Coca-Cola Co announced it was to pay US$2.15bn for a 16.7% stake in Monster Beverage Co, there was a general consensus t...
China may be the world's second biggest economy but, when it comes to global brand-building, the country lags most top nations....
Later this year, Shanghai will host the second ProWine China, a sister event to Düsseldorf's ProWein. Here, just-drinks' Andy Morton speaks to head organiser Marius Berlemann to find out how preparations are going for the November show.
Earlier this year, just-drinks' managing editor, Olly Wehring, travelled to Russia with Carlsberg to learn about the brewer's plans for its Baltika division in the country. The unit, which produces the namesake range of beers, is the clear market-leader, but has had to struggle of late as the legislative environment has grown more hostile to alcoholic drinks. Having assumed the leadership of Baltika late last year, Isaac Sheps talked to just-drinks about what he found when he made the move, what he's battling against today, and what he wants in the future.
Reforms to the rules covering foreign ownership of baijiu brands in China could see an influx of overseas investment in the category, according to a new report.
United Spirits remains in the red in its year to date, but losses have slowed after a healthy rise in Q3 profits, thanks to its premium brands.
China is expected to regain top spot as the biggest consumer of red wine over the next five years after anti-extravagance measures saw France take over, new figures have shown.
Diageo has welcomed a vote by shareholders of its United Spirits subsidiary, which will allow the Indian firm to produce and sell its parent company's brands in the country.
Brown-Forman has replaced the long-serving head of its India business unit.
Heineken has declined to comment on reports that it is looking to raise its stake in India's United Breweries.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Editor's Viewpoint – What I've Learnt About Chile
- Will the Selfie Prove the Tonic for Beauty Drinks?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review