Latest beverage news & analysis in BRIC
In November, the Indian Government passed reforms withdrawing the INR500 (US$7.40) and INR1,000 notes as legal tender in the country. The sn...
The Brazilian beer market may be able to claim Kirin Holdings as a victim in the coming weeks, but the likelihood of Heineken stepping in to...
Looking through the mist, Chris Losh can see China's wine production efforts becoming of greater importance to the wine world than the count...
Coca-Cola India has confirmed a temporary halt in production at its plant just outside Delhi, having been in communication with pollution co...
Ask a Chinese person about Chile and they will immediately mention one thing - cherries. The country is famous in China for its red cherries, which people see as wholesome and healthy. Chilean wine, however, is quickly catching up in the recognition stakes. According to Wines of Chile, exports to China increased by 47% last year, and the country now ranks as the third-biggest market for bottled Chilean wine.
Later this year, Shanghai will host the second ProWine China, a sister event to Düsseldorf's ProWein. Here, just-drinks' Andy Morton speaks to head organiser Marius Berlemann to find out how preparations are going for the November show.
Heineken has successfully completed its recently-confirmed discussions with Kirin Holdings, with the European brewer set to acquire Kirin's Brazilian operations for almost half the price the Japanese firm paid in 2011.
Carlsberg is the "logical buyer" for Asahi's Tsingtao stake if the 20% interest goes on sale, an analyst has said.
China's low-value beer volumes could drop further, Carlsberg CEO Cees 't Hart has told just-drinks.
Chilean winemaker Santa Rita Estates has continued to reshape its distribution footprint with a new agreement in China.
Australian wine is grabbing market share in China as buoyant export sales last year outpaced overall value growth in the country.
United Spirits has reported a lift in sales for the first nine months of its fiscal year, although the Indian company's top-line in the third-quarter has been hampered by the country's demonetisation legislation in the third quarter.
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- The just-drinks Analyst
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Beam Suntory boosts top-line in 2016 - results
- Molson Coors targets cost-savings - FY16 results
- Molson Coors hit by US$500m write-down in Canada
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends