Latest beverage news & analysis in BRIC
In August, when the Coca-Cola Co announced it was to pay US$2.15bn for a 16.7% stake in Monster Beverage Co, there was a general consensus t...
China may be the world's second biggest economy but, when it comes to global brand-building, the country lags most top nations....
Yesterday it emerged that China is to drop duty on imports of Australian wine after the two countries signed a new free trade agreement. Her...
It was more of the same for Carlsberg in its YTD results release yesterday as weakness in Eastern Europe continued to damage the bottom line...
Later this year, Shanghai will host the second ProWine China, a sister event to Düsseldorf's ProWein. Here, just-drinks' Andy Morton speaks to head organiser Marius Berlemann to find out how preparations are going for the November show.
Earlier this year, just-drinks' managing editor, Olly Wehring, travelled to Russia with Carlsberg to learn about the brewer's plans for its Baltika division in the country. The unit, which produces the namesake range of beers, is the clear market-leader, but has had to struggle of late as the legislative environment has grown more hostile to alcoholic drinks. Having assumed the leadership of Baltika late last year, Isaac Sheps talked to just-drinks about what he found when he made the move, what he's battling against today, and what he wants in the future.
United Spirits is again asking shareholders to vote on plans to allow it to produce and sell the spirits brands of parent Diageo in India.
Brown-Forman has signed a "co-operation agreement" with Chinese baijiu maker Wuliangye Yibin Co.
John Distilleries, the Indian spirits producer, is gearing up to enter the US market in 2015 with its Paul John single malt whisky brand.
Diageo has said it is “surprised and disappointed” after losing a vote by United Spirits' shareholders over plans for the firm to produce and sell some of Diageo's spirits brands in India.
Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages has unveiled plans for a a US$160m manufacturing plant in southern India.
Finland's Altia Corp is to launch its Koskenkorva vodka brand in Russia ahead of the holiday season.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018