Belgium: Latest beverage news & analysis
Although the Scottish Government's initiative to put a minimum unit pricing (MUP) on alcohol has been referred to the European Court of Justice, some members of Scotland's alcohol industry are backing the initiative to tackle alcohol harm in the country.
Earlier today (7 May), Anheuser-Busch InBev reported a rise in first-quarter group sales, but net profits were dragged down by higher finance costs. Here just-drinks takes a look at the brewer's performance in its global markets:
Anheuser-Busch InBev reports its third-quarter and year-to-date results on Thursday (31 October). Here just-drinks takes a look at the Leuven-headquartered group's fortunes in the last quarter.
Anheuser-Busch InBev will report its full-year and fourth-quarter results on Wednesday (27 February). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the highs and lows for the company in the three months to the end of December and its performance in recent quarters.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has impressed analysts with full-year rises in net sales and profits, but flat volumes could be an issue. Here, just-drinks examines the market reaction to the brewer's numbers.
The European Commission has proposed some modest help for the European Union's wine producers, who are struggling with a shrinking share of world markets and falling consumption in the region.
All alcohol containers sold in the European Union should display calorie information, according to a parliamentary committee in the politico-economic bloc.
Anheuser-Busch InBev is poised to propose a new chairman at its AGM next month.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has confirmed it is being investigated by Belgium's tax authorities over one of its subsidiaries in its home country.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has reported a solid rise in nine-month net profits and sales, but third-quarter volumes were held back by Russia.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has declined to comment on reports that it is in talks with banks about financing a deal for its rival SABMiller.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has confirmed the transfer from CCU of its Corona and Budweiser distribution in Argentina and Uruguay, respectively.
Anheuser-Busch InBev's Grupo Modelo takeover has helped increase first-half sales and profits, while the World Cup boosted volumes in Brazil.
The European Court of Auditors (ECA) has argued against maintaining a special European Union (EU) public support system for the wine sector, saying it can rely on the EU’s rural development programme.
The value of European Union exports of spirits and liqueurs in 2013 slipped by 1.6% in value terms, after being the fastest-growing product group in 2012, according to recent figures.
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research