Belgium: Latest beverage news & analysis
Although the Scottish Government's initiative to put a minimum unit pricing (MUP) on alcohol has been referred to the European Court of Justice, some members of Scotland's alcohol industry are backing the initiative to tackle alcohol harm in the country.
Earlier today (7 May), Anheuser-Busch InBev reported a rise in first-quarter group sales, but net profits were dragged down by higher finance costs. Here just-drinks takes a look at the brewer's performance in its global markets:
Anheuser-Busch InBev reports its third-quarter and year-to-date results on Thursday (31 October). Here just-drinks takes a look at the Leuven-headquartered group's fortunes in the last quarter.
Anheuser-Busch InBev will report its full-year and fourth-quarter results on Wednesday (27 February). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the highs and lows for the company in the three months to the end of December and its performance in recent quarters.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has impressed analysts with full-year rises in net sales and profits, but flat volumes could be an issue. Here, just-drinks examines the market reaction to the brewer's numbers.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has confirmed it is being investigated by Belgium's tax authorities over one of its subsidiaries in its home country.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has reported a solid rise in nine-month net profits and sales, but third-quarter volumes were held back by Russia.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has declined to comment on reports that it is in talks with banks about financing a deal for its rival SABMiller.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has confirmed the transfer from CCU of its Corona and Budweiser distribution in Argentina and Uruguay, respectively.
Anheuser-Busch InBev's Grupo Modelo takeover has helped increase first-half sales and profits, while the World Cup boosted volumes in Brazil.
The European Court of Auditors (ECA) has argued against maintaining a special European Union (EU) public support system for the wine sector, saying it can rely on the EU’s rural development programme.
The value of European Union exports of spirits and liqueurs in 2013 slipped by 1.6% in value terms, after being the fastest-growing product group in 2012, according to recent figures.
An Austrian asset manager that sold its “socially responsible” stock in Anheuser-Busch InBev has said the brewer could return to favour if it elects more independent directors to its board.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has pledged to cut carbon emissions in its logistics operations by 15% by 2017.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has reported a lift in first-quarter sales, but rising finance costs and currency swings dragged down net profits.
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018