Australia: Latest beverage news & analysis
Casella Family Brands hit the acquisition trail late last year when it snapped up Barossa Valley producer Peter Lehmann Wines for AUD57m (US$49.8m). Here, just-drinks talks to the Australian firm's global marketing & export sales manager, Libby Nutt, about the plans ahead for the brand and Casella's star performer Yellow Tail.
Today, Treasury Wine Estates reported a sales and operating profits increase, hinting at a turnaround in fortunes for the group. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the Australian-headquartered company's performance by region:
Coca-Cola Amatil's (CCA) launch of Coca-Cola Life in Australia is the first round in a fight to entice consumers back into the CSD category with natural sweeteners, the company has said.
Earlier today, Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) reported its full-year results for 2014, revealing a 25% drop in underlying net profits. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the Sydney-based company's performance in the six-month period, by region and sector.
It's an awkward moment in any relationship, bringing the object of your affections home for the first time.
Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) has launched a new Penfolds variant as it continues to highlight the wine brand.
Beam Suntory has appointed ex-Kellogg’s executive John Rosair to the newly-created post of managing director, Oceania.
Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) and Pernod Ricard have welcomed the signing of a new China-Australia free trade agreement, which will end excise duty on Australian wine imports to the Asian country.
Brooklyn Brewery is to brew Brooklyn Lager in Australia after agreeing a deal with Coopers Brewery.
Lion is to continue to distribute Corona Extra in Australia after extending a deal with Anheuser-Busch InBev.
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has signed a new ten-year deal with Beam Suntory that sees CCA handle the spirits group's Japanese whiskies sales, marketing and distribution in Australia.
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has hit back at accusations Coke Life has underperformed in Australia, saying a Credit Suisse report on brand's recent rollout was based on “guesstimates”.
The Coca-Cola Co has unveiled a new TV ad to mark the roll-out of its Coca-Cola Life brand to Australia.
Treasury Wine Estates has announced plans to sell some of its Australian and US wineries and confirmed further job losses as it continues with a major cost-cutting programme.
The Coca-Cola Co has confirmed it will launch Coca-Cola Life in Australia early next month.
After a 2014 it'll want to forget, Treasury Wine Estates has some good news.
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research