Australia: Latest beverage news & analysis
Today, Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) reported its first-half results for 2015, revealing a slight increase in profits and sales. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the Sydney-based company's performance in the six-month period, by region and sector.
Casella Family Brands hit the acquisition trail late last year when it snapped up Barossa Valley producer Peter Lehmann Wines for AUD57m (US$49.8m). Here, just-drinks talks to the Australian firm's global marketing & export sales manager, Libby Nutt, about the plans ahead for the brand and Casella's star performer Yellow Tail.
Today, Treasury Wine Estates reported a sales and operating profits increase in the first six months of its fiscal year, hinting at a turnaround in fortunes for the group. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the Australian-headquartered company's performance by region:
Coca-Cola Amatil's (CCA) launch of Coca-Cola Life in Australia is the first round in a fight to entice consumers back into the CSD category with natural sweeteners, the company has said.
Earlier today, Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) reported its full-year results for 2014, revealing a 25% drop in underlying net profits. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the Sydney-based company's performance in the six-month period, by region and sector.
Wakefield Wines has appointed Adrian Atkinson, formerly of Pernod Ricard, to head up its operations in Europe.
Asahi has bought Australian craft brewer Mountain Goat Brewery for an undisclosed fee.
Kirin's Australian unit, Lion, has opened a new South Australia winery for its Petaluma brand as it targets premium wine sales in East Asia.
Cider Australia has called on the government to enforce country-of-origin labelling or risk domestic cider makers going under.
Treasury Wine Estates' CEO, Michael Clarke, earned AUD3.23m (US$2.26m) for his first full year in the job, with future bonuses liable to add another million.
Brown-Forman has redesigned the boxes for its Southern Comfort RTDs in Australia and New Zealand as the ready-to-drink category in the country continues to suffer big declines.
The head of Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has praised her company's latest craft beer launch but warned the category in Australia remains “underdeveloped”.
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has steadied the ship with first-half sales and profits growth as it pumped marketing investment into its struggling Australian market.
Kirin's Australian subsidiary Lion has launched comparatively higher-abv radler under its Hahn beer brand that is designed to “better suit the tastes of Australians”.
Lion is to include full nutritional information on its beer labels in what it claims is an industry first in Australia.
After a 2014 it'll want to forget, Treasury Wine Estates has some good news.
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Inver House Distillers posts FY profits leap
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research