Australia: Latest beverage news & analysis
This month, Chris Losh turns his attention to the Australian wine industry, and finds a country struggling with scant opportunities and structural problems in its number one export market.
Asia is emerging as an increasingly attractive and significant destination for Australia’s wine exports, which experienced their strongest period of growth since the peak of 2007 in the 12 months to the end of September.
Today, Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) reported its first-half results for 2015, revealing a slight increase in profits and sales. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the Sydney-based company's performance in the six-month period, by region and sector.
Casella Family Brands hit the acquisition trail late last year when it snapped up Barossa Valley producer Peter Lehmann Wines for AUD57m (US$49.8m). Here, just-drinks talks to the Australian firm's global marketing & export sales manager, Libby Nutt, about the plans ahead for the brand and Casella's star performer Yellow Tail.
Today, Treasury Wine Estates reported a sales and operating profits increase in the first six months of its fiscal year, hinting at a turnaround in fortunes for the group. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the Australian-headquartered company's performance by region:
Diageo's Australian unit has confirmed that its commercial director in the country will step down after just over a year in the role.
Kirin's Australian craft brewery, Little Creatures, has said it will release its Dog Days Summer Beer in cans in the country.
Campari has lined up a sponsorship tie-up for its Aperol brand with Tennis Australia that will see Aperol become the ‘official aperitif’ and ‘official spirit’ of next year’s Australian Open.
Diageo's Australian unit has launched an advertising campaign to support the launch of new RTD Bundaberg Rum Lazy Bear.
The Sazerac Co has acquired control of Australian spirits distributor SouthTrade International.
Diageo's Australian unit has announced a AUD20m (US$15m) marketing campaign in support of a new range of healthier RTD products in the country.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has lined up the appointment of Peter Filipovic as head of operations in Australia upon completion of its purchase of SABMiller.
Coca-Cola Amatil's Fijian rum brands have launched in Australia as the company looks to capitalise on the country's thirst for the spirit.
Heineken is poised to open its fifth airport bar, in Sydney, Australia.
Heineken has launched a new 3.3% Heineken lager in Australia.
Heineken is gearing up for a product launch in Australia this month. But exactly what the product is, the brewer is not saying.
After a 2014 it'll want to forget, Treasury Wine Estates has some good news.
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Kirin lines up cans for Little Creatures beer
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends