Australia: Latest beverage news & analysis
It's an awkward moment in any relationship, bringing the object of your affections home for the first time.
The head of Treasury Wine Estates (TWE), which announced earlier today the end of takeover talks with two private-equity groups, has said he doesn't expect the bidders to return to the negotiating table.
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has admitted that its FIFA World Cup marketing failed to deliver expected sales boosts as consumers in Australia suffer “promotion fatigue”.
The CEO of Treasury Wine Estates has revealed the company would consider acquisitions of luxury wine assets in the US after admitting its portfolio in the segment is “underdeveloped”.
Earlier today, Coca-Cola Amatil reported its half-year results for 2014, revealing a 15.6% fall in net profits on flat sales. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the Sydney-based company's performance in the six-month period by region and sector.
Treasury Wines Estates (TWE) has confirmed it could “retire” or sell some of its “non-priority” brands as its looks to focus on its higher-end labels.
The board of The Coca-Cola Co has approved a US$500m investment in Coca-Cola Amatil's Indonesian subsidiary.
Diageo has signed a deal with the International Cricket Council (ICC) to make Bundaberg the official rum of next year's cricket World Cup.
Australian wine producers are being urged to have their say on a new, five-year industry strategy aiming to “refocus” on the country's premium wine offerings.
Coopers Brewery has poached a Pernod Ricard executive to lead its sales teams in two key Australian regions.
The Coca-Cola Co has branded an Australian court's decision to side with PepsiCo in a battle over a disputed glass bottle design as “extremely disappointing”.
Coca-Cola Amatil has revealed it will cut “up to” 260 jobs as part of its AUD100m (US$83m) cost-savings programme.
Accolade Wines is formally moving ahead with a deal to acquire Australian producer Grant Burge Wines for an undisclosed sum.
Diageo has lowered the alcohol content on three of its RTD lines in Australia, including a reduction of its flavoured Smirnoff range from 37.5% to 30%.
Actor Jean-Claude Van Damme is to star in a Molson Coors TV marketing campaign in Australia after a successful run in the UK.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future