Australia: Latest beverage news & analysis
Earlier this year, Chris Losh attended an Australian tasting in the UK and got a glimpse of the future for the country's wine producers. Here's what he saw.
Earlier this week, Coca-Cola Amatil issued its results for 2016. The group saw its 12-month sales rise by just over 1%, with net profits on an organic basis increasing by 6%. Here, just-drinks breaks down Coca-Cola Amatil's figures for last year by region.
Earlier this week, Treasury Wine Estates released its results for the first six months of fiscal-2017. Following the announcement, just-drinks spoke to CEO Michael Clarke and, in this, the second part of our interview, we discuss the performances of TWE's regions and ask Clarke what he has brought to the group since he joined, three years ago.
Earlier this week, Treasury Wine Estates released its first-half results, with sales in the six months jumping by almost 25% and net profits more than doubling to AUD136.2m. Here, just-drinks reviews the group's performance in the first half of fiscal-2017 on a by-region basis.
Earlier today, Treasury Wine Estates reported another strong set of figures, with half-year sales jumping by almost a quarter and net profits more-than-doubling. Following the release of the results, just-drinks spoke to CEO Michael Clarke about the numbers, and how he has managed to turn around a company that less than three years ago took an impairment charge of almost US$250m.
Anheuser-Busch InBev's Australian unit, Carlton & United Breweries, is highlighting its Pure Blonde brand's health and fitness credentials in a AUD10m (US$7.7m) marketing push for the low-carb lager.
The managing director of Coca-Cola Amatil's Australian Beverages unit is to leave the role.
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has announced the retirement in May of three directors, along with the previously-announced retirement of chairman David Gonski.
CHAMP Private Equity has confirmed to just-drinks that it has abandoned plans to either sell or float Accolade Wines, adding that it aims to "enhance" the unit’s "attractiveness to investors".
A new TV commercial for Bundaberg aims to continue Diageo's efforts to get the rum brand back on track in its domestic Australian market.
Wine supplier Australian Vintage has blamed Brexit currency headwinds for a sharp drop in first-half net profits.
Coca-Cola Amatil has reported a slight lift in full-year sales, although a one-off impairment charge pulled on the bottom line in 2016.
Treasury Wine Estates has reported a near-25% leap in first-half net sales, and confirmed that CEO Michael Clarke will split his time throughout this calendar year between Australia and the US.
Edrington has confirmed a change of distribution partner in Australia, with Beam Suntory and Coca-Cola Amatil making way for Spirits Platform.
Heineken's Australian unit will refund customers who are not satisfied with the company's new mid-strength beer.
Heineken is gearing up for a product launch in Australia this month. But exactly what the product is, the brewer is not saying.
After a 2014 it'll want to forget, Treasury Wine Estates has some good news.
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends