Australia: Latest beverage news & analysis
It's an awkward moment in any relationship, bringing the object of your affections home for the first time.
The head of Treasury Wine Estates (TWE), which announced earlier today the end of takeover talks with two private-equity groups, has said he doesn't expect the bidders to return to the negotiating table.
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has admitted that its FIFA World Cup marketing failed to deliver expected sales boosts as consumers in Australia suffer “promotion fatigue”.
The CEO of Treasury Wine Estates has revealed the company would consider acquisitions of luxury wine assets in the US after admitting its portfolio in the segment is “underdeveloped”.
Earlier today, Coca-Cola Amatil reported its half-year results for 2014, revealing a 15.6% fall in net profits on flat sales. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the Sydney-based company's performance in the six-month period by region and sector.
Coca-Cola Amatil's CFO is set to leave as the Australia-based soft drinks bottler continues a business restructure.
Demand for premium wine last year pushed the average value of Australia's bottled wine exports to its highest level for a decade, new figures have shown.
A former CEO of UK breadmaker Hovis is to join Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) as its new chief supply officer.
Casella Family Brands (CFB) has completed its AUD57m (US$49.8m) acquisition of fellow Australian wine producer Peter Lehmann Wines (PLW).
Treasury Wines Estates (TWE) has confirmed it could “retire” or sell some of its “non-priority” brands as its looks to focus on its higher-end labels.
The board of The Coca-Cola Co has approved a US$500m investment in Coca-Cola Amatil's Indonesian subsidiary.
Diageo has signed a deal with the International Cricket Council (ICC) to make Bundaberg the official rum of next year's cricket World Cup.
Australian wine producers are being urged to have their say on a new, five-year industry strategy aiming to “refocus” on the country's premium wine offerings.
Coopers Brewery has poached a Pernod Ricard executive to lead its sales teams in two key Australian regions.
The Coca-Cola Co has branded an Australian court's decision to side with PepsiCo in a battle over a disputed glass bottle design as “extremely disappointing”.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Will the Selfie Prove the Tonic for Beauty Drinks?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review