Australia: Latest beverage news & analysis
Asia is emerging as an increasingly attractive and significant destination for Australia’s wine exports, which experienced their strongest period of growth since the peak of 2007 in the 12 months to the end of September.
Today, Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) reported its first-half results for 2015, revealing a slight increase in profits and sales. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the Sydney-based company's performance in the six-month period, by region and sector.
Casella Family Brands hit the acquisition trail late last year when it snapped up Barossa Valley producer Peter Lehmann Wines for AUD57m (US$49.8m). Here, just-drinks talks to the Australian firm's global marketing & export sales manager, Libby Nutt, about the plans ahead for the brand and Casella's star performer Yellow Tail.
Today, Treasury Wine Estates reported a sales and operating profits increase in the first six months of its fiscal year, hinting at a turnaround in fortunes for the group. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the Australian-headquartered company's performance by region:
Coca-Cola Amatil's (CCA) launch of Coca-Cola Life in Australia is the first round in a fight to entice consumers back into the CSD category with natural sweeteners, the company has said.
Diageo's Australia unit has confirmed the appointment of Simon Tamke to the role of commercial director.
Treasury Wine Estates has appointed Noel Meehan as the company’s new chief financial officer. Meehan replaces Tony Reeves, who has decided to leave the role.
Pernod Ricard has teamed up with DJ David Guetta to release a YouTube video clip featuring the company's GH Mumm Champagne brand.
Gruppo Campari has released its chilli-infused version of Wild Turkey Bourbon in Australia.
Accolade Wines has announced a round of job cuts one month on from installing a new CEO.
C&C Group is to release a low-carb, 99% sugar free cider in Australia under its Magners brand.
Treasury Wine Estates is to close a New Zealand winery and stop operations at an Australian site as part of its supply chain optimisation scheme.
Wine Australia has reported an 8% lift in the value of exports for the 12 months to the end of September.
Treasury Wine Estates has entered the second phase of its supply chain optimisation programme that should bring in an annual saving of around AUD50m (US$36m) by fiscal-2020.
Wakefield Wines has appointed Adrian Atkinson, formerly of Pernod Ricard, to head up its operations in Europe.
After a 2014 it'll want to forget, Treasury Wine Estates has some good news.
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- Carlsberg "most likely" to buy Grolsch, Peroni
- This week in spirits & wine
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts