The beverage business blog from Olly Wehring
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Olly Wehring.
And, then he goes and spoils it all by saying something stupid like “I'm thinking of buying SABMiller” 28 Sep 15
Part of my lot on just-drinks is to nail down senior executives within our industry – the more senior the better. I've enjoyed interviewing many of the CEOs within our ranks, but one that I have never been able to get to is Anheuser-Busch InBev's Carlos Brito...
just-drinks site outage - 14 September 15 Sep 15
The technical gremlins got to us yesterday, when a local internet fault brought down the just-drinks site for part of the day...
Scotch. In. Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace. 10 Sep 15
You may have seen the release this week by Moet Hennessy of a white paper looking at the results of a vial of Ardbeg's two-and-a-half years aboard the International Space Station...
just-drinks technical issues - 24 August 25 Aug 15
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday...
Carlsberg - Right. Stop that: It's silly 28 Jul 15
It would appear that the folk at the UK arm of Carlsberg have this year found the 'gimmicky' drawer in the marketing office...
It's a popular grizzle and one I'll admit to having on at least one or two occasions… a day. Why do people post photos of their food and/or drink on to my social media feed?..
Diageo's echo quotes 5 May 15
When it comes to market speculation, a company holds the prerogative to comment or not. Most times it is the latter, but we journalists are always grateful for any quote that we can get...
just-drinks closed for May Day 1 May 15
On Monday, 4 May, just-drinks will be closed, as it is a public holiday in the UK...
To London yesterday evening for what turned out to be quite a treat of a whisky tasting...
It's not even available on pre-order yet, but Apple's latest piece of kit has already got a breathalyser app...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research