The beverage business blog from Olly Wehring
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Olly Wehring.
This may have slipped under the wire at the end of last year, but could a pre-Christmas HR announcement signal Boston Beer Co's preparedness for a sale?..
And, then he goes and spoils it all by saying something stupid like “I'm thinking of buying SABMiller” 28 Sep 15
Part of my lot on just-drinks is to nail down senior executives within our industry – the more senior the better. I've enjoyed interviewing many of the CEOs within our ranks, but one that I have never been able to get to is Anheuser-Busch InBev's Carlos Brito...
just-drinks site outage - 14 September 15 Sep 15
The technical gremlins got to us yesterday, when a local internet fault brought down the just-drinks site for part of the day...
Scotch. In. Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace. 10 Sep 15
You may have seen the release this week by Moet Hennessy of a white paper looking at the results of a vial of Ardbeg's two-and-a-half years aboard the International Space Station...
just-drinks technical issues - 24 August 25 Aug 15
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday...
Carlsberg - Right. Stop that: It's silly 28 Jul 15
It would appear that the folk at the UK arm of Carlsberg have this year found the 'gimmicky' drawer in the marketing office...
It's a popular grizzle and one I'll admit to having on at least one or two occasions… a day. Why do people post photos of their food and/or drink on to my social media feed?..
Diageo's echo quotes 5 May 15
When it comes to market speculation, a company holds the prerogative to comment or not. Most times it is the latter, but we journalists are always grateful for any quote that we can get...
just-drinks closed for May Day 1 May 15
On Monday, 4 May, just-drinks will be closed, as it is a public holiday in the UK...
To London yesterday evening for what turned out to be quite a treat of a whisky tasting...
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Premiumisation comes to bottled water - NPD
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Carbonates in India