The beverage business blog from Olly Wehring
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Olly Wehring.
Last month, SPI Group unveiled its latest advert for Stolichnaya in the US. Its an amusing little number that caries the instruction: Drink what you want. The “I am man” ad looks to distance Millennial men from notions of manliness and encourages them to plough their own furrow...
Who do you work for? I ask, merely to draw your attention to just-drinks’ company pages...
Caipirinha Facts! 8 Jun 16
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, courtesy of Gruppo Campari’s Sagatiba cachaça brand...
The Euro 2016 football tournament is almost upon us...
How to test Heineken's sense of humour 18 May 16
Greetings from Zurich. Here as a guest of Heineken's Amstel brand, I'm due to sit down later today with the group's senior global director for international brands, Walter Drenth...
I'll admit to being partial to an Aperol Spritz now and again, more usually in the summer months, sitting outside, shades on, slowly turning more golden/rusty...
This may have slipped under the wire at the end of last year, but could a pre-Christmas HR announcement signal Boston Beer Co's preparedness for a sale?..
And, then he goes and spoils it all by saying something stupid like “I'm thinking of buying SABMiller” 28 Sep 15
Part of my lot on just-drinks is to nail down senior executives within our industry – the more senior the better. I've enjoyed interviewing many of the CEOs within our ranks, but one that I have never been able to get to is Anheuser-Busch InBev's Carlos Brito...
just-drinks site outage - 14 September 15 Sep 15
The technical gremlins got to us yesterday, when a local internet fault brought down the just-drinks site for part of the day...
Scotch. In. Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace. 10 Sep 15
You may have seen the release this week by Moet Hennessy of a white paper looking at the results of a vial of Ardbeg's two-and-a-half years aboard the International Space Station...
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages