HUNGARY: Zwack records drop in net income
Hungarian drinks group, Zwack Unicum Rt, posted an 11% drop in pre-tax profit to HFL2.42 billion ($8.45 million) for 2001. Gross sales at the company, known for its distinctively packaged bitters brand, Unicum, rose by 11.2% to HFL25.09 billion, but a 16.9% increase in excise tax paid restricted net revenues to HFL16.5 billion, representing an 8.5% increase on the 2000 net sales figure of HFL15.22 billion.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Diageo reaches deal in Stitzel legal row
- Sazerac poaches ex-Diageo government director