HUNGARY: Zwack records drop in net income
Hungarian drinks group, Zwack Unicum Rt, posted an 11% drop in pre-tax profit to HFL2.42 billion ($8.45 million) for 2001. Gross sales at the company, known for its distinctively packaged bitters brand, Unicum, rose by 11.2% to HFL25.09 billion, but a 16.9% increase in excise tax paid restricted net revenues to HFL16.5 billion, representing an 8.5% increase on the 2000 net sales figure of HFL15.22 billion.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Scotch's Battle with Age
- Focus - The Risks of Acquisitions
- Brown-Forman's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Pernod Ricard to up focus on consumers - CEO
- Diageo to close Maryland bottling site
- A-B InBev GSA head in drink-driving crash
- Diageo creates USL unit to oversee own brands
- Pernod Ricard on US starting blocks with Havanista
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer