UK: Zubrowka vodka to get push from First Drinks
First Drinks is seeking to re-position Zubrowka having taken on UK distribution
A new 18-month multi-media promotional campaign will aim to reposition Polish vodka brand Zubrowka in the UK, according to First Drinks, the brand's new distributor.
William Grant & Sons-owned First Drinks, which officially took on UK distribution for the brand today (2 July), said the digital, social media and experiential campaign will target "25 to 40 year-old authenticity-seeking drinkers and on-trade influencers". The campaign will feature the illustrations of artist Kristjana S. Williams, but the bottle artwork will not change.
A First Drinks' spokesperson told just-drinks the campaign will cost "just under" GBP1m (US$1.567m).
Hayley Aldous, First Drinks' senior brand manager, vodkas, said: "We’re tremendously excited to have Zubrowka in our portfolio and ... we’re confident of attracting a new drinker to the brand."
Zubrowka was first released in the UK in 2000 and previously distributed by Glasgow-based Marblehead.
A new whiskey distillery in Ireland - the first in 47 years - is set to officially start production this week. ...
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018