USA: zNose Detects TCA in Wine Like the Experts
In a tour de force of electronic nose technology, Electronic Sensor Technology, LP, announced that its electronic nose, called the zNose(TM), rivals the experts at detecting TCA in cork, wine, even the air. Finally, an electronic nose has demonstrated that it can detect 2,4,6-trichloroanisole (TCA) in wine aroma at part-per-trillion (ppt) levels in 10 seconds! While other electronic noses called eNoses have quoted sensitivities in the part-per-thousand range, the zNose(TM) raises the bar by more than a billion by achieving the same performance level as human wine experts. Details of the discovery and how it was tested are described in a paper just released entitled, "Detecting 2,4,6 TCA in corks and Wine Using the zNose(TM)." The paper is available at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research