USA: zNose Detects TCA in Wine Like the Experts
In a tour de force of electronic nose technology, Electronic Sensor Technology, LP, announced that its electronic nose, called the zNose(TM), rivals the experts at detecting TCA in cork, wine, even the air. Finally, an electronic nose has demonstrated that it can detect 2,4,6-trichloroanisole (TCA) in wine aroma at part-per-trillion (ppt) levels in 10 seconds! While other electronic noses called eNoses have quoted sensitivities in the part-per-thousand range, the zNose(TM) raises the bar by more than a billion by achieving the same performance level as human wine experts. Details of the discovery and how it was tested are described in a paper just released entitled, "Detecting 2,4,6 TCA in corks and Wine Using the zNose(TM)." The paper is available at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research