USA: zNose Detects TCA in Wine Like the Experts
In a tour de force of electronic nose technology, Electronic Sensor Technology, LP, announced that its electronic nose, called the zNose(TM), rivals the experts at detecting TCA in cork, wine, even the air. Finally, an electronic nose has demonstrated that it can detect 2,4,6-trichloroanisole (TCA) in wine aroma at part-per-trillion (ppt) levels in 10 seconds! While other electronic noses called eNoses have quoted sensitivities in the part-per-thousand range, the zNose(TM) raises the bar by more than a billion by achieving the same performance level as human wine experts. Details of the discovery and how it was tested are described in a paper just released entitled, "Detecting 2,4,6 TCA in corks and Wine Using the zNose(TM)." The paper is available at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Martell's CEO & chairman, Philippe Guettat
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- A-B InBev snaps up Bogotá Beer Co in Colombia
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Beam Suntory defeats 'handmade' lawsuit
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets