USA: zNose Detects TCA in Wine Like the Experts
In a tour de force of electronic nose technology, Electronic Sensor Technology, LP, announced that its electronic nose, called the zNose(TM), rivals the experts at detecting TCA in cork, wine, even the air. Finally, an electronic nose has demonstrated that it can detect 2,4,6-trichloroanisole (TCA) in wine aroma at part-per-trillion (ppt) levels in 10 seconds! While other electronic noses called eNoses have quoted sensitivities in the part-per-thousand range, the zNose(TM) raises the bar by more than a billion by achieving the same performance level as human wine experts. Details of the discovery and how it was tested are described in a paper just released entitled, "Detecting 2,4,6 TCA in corks and Wine Using the zNose(TM)." The paper is available at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research