US: Zico Beverages ups Zico Chocolate ante with additional packaging format
Click through to see the new format for Zico Chocolate
Coca-Cola Co-controlled Zico Beverages is set to release its namesake chocolate-flavoured coconut water brand in Tetra-Pak format in the US.
The company, which launched Zico Chocolate in 14oz bottles in the country last year, said today (11 July) that the variant will launch this month in 1-litre Tetra-Paks in “key national retailers”. Amazon.com will stock the new format “soon”, Zico said.
The firm will continue to offer Zico Natural in the 1-litre format as well as in 11oz cartons. The stable is rounded out by five other flavours, available in 14oz bottles.
California-based Zico was founded in 2004, when it launched Zico Pure Premium Coconut Water. Earlier this year, the Coca-Cola Co upped its stake in Zico, giving it majority control of the company.
The third in our five-part review of 2012 sees Ben Cooper consider how the last 12 months have treated the bottled water category....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read Hot Topics on just-drinks in 2012....
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- Cognac plays the waiting game in China
- Comment - Coke Life: Hit or Miss?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Pernod Ricard swings at Portman Group
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites
- C&C Group steps down as Portman Group funder
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Distell to take 26% stake in spirits firm KHEAL