US: Zico Beverages ups Zico Chocolate ante with additional packaging format
Click through to see the new format for Zico Chocolate
Coca-Cola Co-controlled Zico Beverages is set to release its namesake chocolate-flavoured coconut water brand in Tetra-Pak format in the US.
The company, which launched Zico Chocolate in 14oz bottles in the country last year, said today (11 July) that the variant will launch this month in 1-litre Tetra-Paks in “key national retailers”. Amazon.com will stock the new format “soon”, Zico said.
The firm will continue to offer Zico Natural in the 1-litre format as well as in 11oz cartons. The stable is rounded out by five other flavours, available in 14oz bottles.
California-based Zico was founded in 2004, when it launched Zico Pure Premium Coconut Water. Earlier this year, the Coca-Cola Co upped its stake in Zico, giving it majority control of the company.
The third in our five-part review of 2012 sees Ben Cooper consider how the last 12 months have treated the bottled water category....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read Hot Topics on just-drinks in 2012....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends