UK: ZGM launches in low alcohol category
International wine producer ZGM is launching a low alcohol range of premium wine-based fizzes, spritzers and coolers, designed to fit with modern consumer lifestyles.
Entwine is part of ZGM's GBP4.8m (US$9.4m) investment in the UK market and includes Premium Bucks Fizz, Raspberry and Cranberry Fizz, Elderflower Cooler, Shiraz Rosé Spritzer and Sauvignon Blanc Spritzer, the company announced today (29 May).
Each varietal is produced as a "lighter alternative" to wine with an abv of 5.5%. The launch is being backed by a GBP2.5m investment to include consumer PR, direct mail, sampling, and in-store activity.
ZGM UK's managing director, Steve Howard said: "Entwine has been developed with modern consumers in mind and fills a gap in their current repertoire, providing a quality, lighter alternative to wine. It appeals to those who have a hectic and healthy lifestyle, allowing them to indulge in an alcoholic drink without high levels of alcohol that can leave consumers with a heavy head."
The Entwine range starts at RRP GBP3.49 for the spritzers and reaches GBP4.99 for the Fizz range.
The company plans to extend its portfolio further throughout the year with launches in France, Spain and California.
Australia's drinks industry could be facing a few seismic shifts over the next few months....
While there are clearly huge rewards on offer to international players in emerging markets, local spirits companies are also reaping the dividend of economic growth and rising personal wealth, and are...
A tangled web of tax and regulations across Indian states remains a major barrier to beer market growth in the country, the head of SABMiller India has said....
A U-turn by the UK government on this week's alcohol duty increase has split the spirits and wine industries in the country....
The European spirits industry is "walking the talk on responsibility", according to The European Spirits Organisation CEPS report out today (26 November)....
The spirits industry in the UK has attacked the latest duty increase introduced in the country in an attempt to ward off the global economic crisis....
Thai Beverage has said its planned listing on the Thailand stock exchange is on hold, because of volatility in financial markets....
UK retail giant Tesco is cutting 15% of its total wine range over the next six months, according to reports....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020