UK: ZGM appoints Grubb as winemaker
ZGM has appointed Julian Grubb as winemaker. The group, which produces own-label wines for the UK retail trade, said Grubb was joining it from the winery Laroche in Chile, where he was CEO and winemaker since 2005.
Previous to Laroche, Grubb was group winemaker for VIA. He has also worked in Northern Spain, Western Cape, South Africa and Argentina.
Grubb said: "I am thrilled to be joining such a well established and reputable company which has proved itself to be innovative and progressive in the international wine market. The portfolio includes quality wines from some of the best regions around the world and I welcome the challenges ahead, tailor-making wines for customers and ensuring ZGM's reputation as a quality international wine supplier goes from strength to strength."
Managing director of ZGM UK Steve Howard said: "Julian's wealth of experience gained from around the world is a perfect fit with ZGM and we look forward to working together to satisfy the evolving palate of wine consumers."
ZGM is also the leading supplier of German wines to the German market by volume and exports to more than 30 countries worldwide. It is the largest exporter of all wines from Germany (20% share).
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research