UK: ZGM appoints Grubb as winemaker
ZGM has appointed Julian Grubb as winemaker. The group, which produces own-label wines for the UK retail trade, said Grubb was joining it from the winery Laroche in Chile, where he was CEO and winemaker since 2005.
Previous to Laroche, Grubb was group winemaker for VIA. He has also worked in Northern Spain, Western Cape, South Africa and Argentina.
Grubb said: "I am thrilled to be joining such a well established and reputable company which has proved itself to be innovative and progressive in the international wine market. The portfolio includes quality wines from some of the best regions around the world and I welcome the challenges ahead, tailor-making wines for customers and ensuring ZGM's reputation as a quality international wine supplier goes from strength to strength."
Managing director of ZGM UK Steve Howard said: "Julian's wealth of experience gained from around the world is a perfect fit with ZGM and we look forward to working together to satisfy the evolving palate of wine consumers."
ZGM is also the leading supplier of German wines to the German market by volume and exports to more than 30 countries worldwide. It is the largest exporter of all wines from Germany (20% share).
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research