UK: ZGM appoints Grubb as winemaker
ZGM has appointed Julian Grubb as winemaker. The group, which produces own-label wines for the UK retail trade, said Grubb was joining it from the winery Laroche in Chile, where he was CEO and winemaker since 2005.
Previous to Laroche, Grubb was group winemaker for VIA. He has also worked in Northern Spain, Western Cape, South Africa and Argentina.
Grubb said: "I am thrilled to be joining such a well established and reputable company which has proved itself to be innovative and progressive in the international wine market. The portfolio includes quality wines from some of the best regions around the world and I welcome the challenges ahead, tailor-making wines for customers and ensuring ZGM's reputation as a quality international wine supplier goes from strength to strength."
Managing director of ZGM UK Steve Howard said: "Julian's wealth of experience gained from around the world is a perfect fit with ZGM and we look forward to working together to satisfy the evolving palate of wine consumers."
ZGM is also the leading supplier of German wines to the German market by volume and exports to more than 30 countries worldwide. It is the largest exporter of all wines from Germany (20% share).
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- Carlsberg "most likely" to buy Grolsch, Peroni
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- A-B InBev embroiled in Caribbean "poison-pill" row
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts