BULGARIA: Zagorka posts $1.8m profit
The Bulgarian brewery, Zagorka, has posted a profit of Lev4.0m (US$1.8m) for 2001. This represents an improvement of Lev11m from 2000 when the company, which is majority owned by the Brewinvest consortium comprising Heineken and Hellenic Bottling Company, posted an accounting loss. Brewinvest acquired an 80% stake in Zagorka in 1994 for $21.7m and currently controls 97% of the company. The consortium also owns a majority stake in Bulgarian brewery, Ariana, which recorded a profit of Lev25,000 for 2001, a drop of Lev894,000 from the previous year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018