BULGARIA: Zagorka posts $1.8m profit
The Bulgarian brewery, Zagorka, has posted a profit of Lev4.0m (US$1.8m) for 2001. This represents an improvement of Lev11m from 2000 when the company, which is majority owned by the Brewinvest consortium comprising Heineken and Hellenic Bottling Company, posted an accounting loss. Brewinvest acquired an 80% stake in Zagorka in 1994 for $21.7m and currently controls 97% of the company. The consortium also owns a majority stake in Bulgarian brewery, Ariana, which recorded a profit of Lev25,000 for 2001, a drop of Lev894,000 from the previous year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk