BULGARIA: Zagorka posts $1.8m profit
The Bulgarian brewery, Zagorka, has posted a profit of Lev4.0m (US$1.8m) for 2001. This represents an improvement of Lev11m from 2000 when the company, which is majority owned by the Brewinvest consortium comprising Heineken and Hellenic Bottling Company, posted an accounting loss. Brewinvest acquired an 80% stake in Zagorka in 1994 for $21.7m and currently controls 97% of the company. The consortium also owns a majority stake in Bulgarian brewery, Ariana, which recorded a profit of Lev25,000 for 2001, a drop of Lev894,000 from the previous year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"