BULGARIA: Zagorka posts $1.8m profit
The Bulgarian brewery, Zagorka, has posted a profit of Lev4.0m (US$1.8m) for 2001. This represents an improvement of Lev11m from 2000 when the company, which is majority owned by the Brewinvest consortium comprising Heineken and Hellenic Bottling Company, posted an accounting loss. Brewinvest acquired an 80% stake in Zagorka in 1994 for $21.7m and currently controls 97% of the company. The consortium also owns a majority stake in Bulgarian brewery, Ariana, which recorded a profit of Lev25,000 for 2001, a drop of Lev894,000 from the previous year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review