BULGARIA: Zagorka posts $1.8m profit
The Bulgarian brewery, Zagorka, has posted a profit of Lev4.0m (US$1.8m) for 2001. This represents an improvement of Lev11m from 2000 when the company, which is majority owned by the Brewinvest consortium comprising Heineken and Hellenic Bottling Company, posted an accounting loss. Brewinvest acquired an 80% stake in Zagorka in 1994 for $21.7m and currently controls 97% of the company. The consortium also owns a majority stake in Bulgarian brewery, Ariana, which recorded a profit of Lev25,000 for 2001, a drop of Lev894,000 from the previous year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Innis & Gunn looks to build first brewery
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets