US: YouTube hosts Malibu contest
The contest named 'How do you Banana Malibu?', began yesterday (1 May) and will be broadcast on the video-sharing website for the next eight weeks.
YouTube users will be invited to submit video interpretations, inspired by the updated theme song Banana Boat (Day-O). Malibu has enlisted producer and DJ RJD2 to create the remix of the song which will serve as the musical template for the contest.
After an open selection process by viewers, the top ten video finalists will be judged and rated on originality, creativity and inventiveness.
The winner will receive the deeds to a tropical banana grove or an alternative US$25,000 cash prize.
Malibu senior brand manager Lisa McCann said: "Malibu Tropical Banana is the newest flavour addition to the current portfolio and we are thrilled to launch it through YouTube."
The launch of Malibu Tropical Banana will also be supported by a multi-million-dollar television and radio media campaign, consumer and trade print advertising, consumer sampling, and a "How do you Banana Malibu" consumer sweep where consumers can enter for a chance to win a trip to Las Vegas.
Diageo has responded to recent reports that it is in talks with UK supermarkets to stop promotions that mark down prices to a competitive level during the holiday season....
Baarsma Wine Group Holding has acquired Pernod Ricard Italia's Canei wine brand....
Pernod Ricard, Beam Global Spirts & Wine and Diageo are in talks with supermarkets to stop seasonal 'buy one get one free' promotions in the UK, according to reports....
Pernod Ricard is adding a vintage variant to its Jameson's Irish whiskey brand across the US, UK and travel retail markets next month....
Independent spirits company William Grant & Sons has appointed Simon Hunt as managing director of William Grant & Sons North America and Mexico and president of WGS USA, with effect from 15 October....
Pernod Ricard has announced that it is to expand the production capacity of its Wild Turkey distillery in Lawrenceburg, Kentucky, as the Bourbon brand's annual volumes top the 1m-case mark for the fir...
Pernod Ricard has unveiled plans to launch its Campo Viejo Viura and Rosé in screw caps in retailers across the UK....
Pernod Ricard has lined up a revamp of its Ballantine's 12 Year Old blended Scotch....
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends