US: YouTube hosts Malibu contest
The contest named 'How do you Banana Malibu?', began yesterday (1 May) and will be broadcast on the video-sharing website for the next eight weeks.
YouTube users will be invited to submit video interpretations, inspired by the updated theme song Banana Boat (Day-O). Malibu has enlisted producer and DJ RJD2 to create the remix of the song which will serve as the musical template for the contest.
After an open selection process by viewers, the top ten video finalists will be judged and rated on originality, creativity and inventiveness.
The winner will receive the deeds to a tropical banana grove or an alternative US$25,000 cash prize.
Malibu senior brand manager Lisa McCann said: "Malibu Tropical Banana is the newest flavour addition to the current portfolio and we are thrilled to launch it through YouTube."
The launch of Malibu Tropical Banana will also be supported by a multi-million-dollar television and radio media campaign, consumer and trade print advertising, consumer sampling, and a "How do you Banana Malibu" consumer sweep where consumers can enter for a chance to win a trip to Las Vegas.
Diageo has responded to recent reports that it is in talks with UK supermarkets to stop promotions that mark down prices to a competitive level during the holiday season....
Baarsma Wine Group Holding has acquired Pernod Ricard Italia's Canei wine brand....
Pernod Ricard, Beam Global Spirts & Wine and Diageo are in talks with supermarkets to stop seasonal 'buy one get one free' promotions in the UK, according to reports....
Pernod Ricard is adding a vintage variant to its Jameson's Irish whiskey brand across the US, UK and travel retail markets next month....
Independent spirits company William Grant & Sons has appointed Simon Hunt as managing director of William Grant & Sons North America and Mexico and president of WGS USA, with effect from 15 October....
Pernod Ricard has announced that it is to expand the production capacity of its Wild Turkey distillery in Lawrenceburg, Kentucky, as the Bourbon brand's annual volumes top the 1m-case mark for the fir...
Pernod Ricard has unveiled plans to launch its Campo Viejo Viura and Rosé in screw caps in retailers across the UK....
Pernod Ricard has lined up a revamp of its Ballantine's 12 Year Old blended Scotch....
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Britvic appoints SABMiller's Dunn as CFO
- Whyte & Mackay brings RumChata to UK
- Q2 drags on half-year for Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research