UK: Young & Co considers brewery closure - report
Young & Co may close its Ram brewery in London, one of the oldest in the UK. The brewery, based in Wandsworth, south London, may be replaced by shops and apartments.
A report in today's Daily Telegraph says that the company is considering a review of its current position. A spokesman told the newspaper: "The Wandsworth planning department and Young & Co are in the process of putting together a potential development plan for Wandsworth town centre, including the brewery site." The company would hope to remain in the Wandsworth area should it decide to relocate.
Talks between the brewer and the planning department are still in the early stages, with a decision expected in 2005, if not later.
The brewery has been in Wandsworth since 1851.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Pernod Ricard targets at-home drinking
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends