US: Yellow Tail to launch first TV ad drive
Yellow Tail is to launch a US$6m television campaign across the US. The marketing campaign for the Casella family-owned wine brand also includes a new consumer website.
The TV ad campaign, entitled "Tails, you win", will run for the next 14 weeks on 10 national networks such as Lifetime and A&E, the company said yesterday (9 September). The push features three different ads, using the figures of a mermaid, Godzilla, and a comet, all with yellow tails and the "Tails, you win" tag line.
The campaign is expected to reach almost half of all adults aged between 35 and 64. The brand's US importer, WJ Deutsch, said that test markets indicate that half of the adults who see the ad campaign could increase their purchase of Yellow Tail wines by 5%.
Isabelle McDonnell, marketing director for Yellow Tail, said: "Our research shows that, through this 'out-of-the-bottle' creative TV campaign, we have the opportunity to introduce and convert millions of additional wine drinkers to … Yellow Tail over this holiday season."
In addition to the investment in television advertising, the company has created an interactive consumer website, www.yellowtailwineusa.com.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Coca-Cola to get boost from Monster in China
- CCE shows faith in Coca-Cola Life with full launch
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- United Spirits bids for distribution deal approval
- Gruppo Campari US unit head steps down
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018