US: Yellow Tail launches Sauvignon Blanc addition
The Yellow Tail wine brand is to introduce a Sauvignon Blanc varietal to its range in the US. The wine joins three other white wine varietals in the portfolio which include Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio and Riesling.
W.J. Deutsch & Sons which handles the brand in the US said that Sauvignon Blanc wine sales are up 6% since last year, according to Nielsen Scantrack.
"As we continue to expand our portfolio, we will maintain our promise of delivering great quality wines that are not only affordable, but fun," said Mark Lyle, vice president of marketing for Yellow Tail wines. "Adding the Sauvignon Blanc to our portfolio grows our white varietals, which we see as a popular area for our consumers."
The wine will be available from 1 August with a suggested retail price of US$7.99.
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk