US: Yearly sales leap at California's Don Sebastiani
Californian winery Don Sebastiani & Sons saw sales leap by almost a third last year, the company has reported.
Sales last year were up 30% on 2005, Don Sebastiani said yesterday (17 January). The company, which was founded in 2001, also passed its previous record for number of cases sold. Shipments came in at over 1.75m cases in the year, comfortably beating the 1m cases it sold in 2004.
Pepperwood Grove, Sebastiani's oldest brand, saw sales leap 42% last year, while its Aquinas Napa Valley brand enjoyed a 34% jump in sales.
Smoking Loon, the company's million-case brand, recorded a sales rise of 24%. The winery's other established brands, SKN and Mia's Playground, also saw growth in the double-digits.
"We're flattered, and sometimes surprised, that our brands are doing as well as they are," said Don Sebastiani, Jr., the company's marketing director.
The company upped the technological ante in August last year, when it released a video podcast. The initial three-minute film showed three members of the family discussing alternative closures, their brands and thoughts on marketing.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Interview - Harviestoun Brewery MD Toby Knowles
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends