AUS: Yarraman returns with revised E&T offer
Yarraman Winery has moved to improve its takeover bid for Australian wine group Evans & Tate.
Yarraman, which is listed on the NASDAQ but has vineyards in Australia's Upper Hunter valley, had its first offer rebuffed by Evans & Tate last month. Under the revised offer, Yarraman will swap one of its shares for every 6.75 shares in Evans & Tate, equivalent to 26.5 cents for each share in the West Australia-based wine group.
In its opening gambit, Yarraman offered one share for every nine shares in Evans & Tate. In its sweetened offer, announced to the Australian Stock Exchange today (2 February), Yarraman has also said it would inject A$38.5m (US$29.8m) of new equity into Evans & Tate and cover the company's A$90m debt with ANZ Bank.
US conglomerate GE will provide debt financing, Yarraman said. In all, the revised bid values Evans & Tate at A$141m - an increase of A$10m on Yarraman's first offer.
Evans & Tate said it is "considering" Yarraman's fresh offer, which is open until 7 February.
Evans & Tate has had a tough 18 months, announcing a series of losses, write-downs and winery sales as the business was hit by Australia's wine glut.
In December, Yarraman CEO Wayne Rockall told just-drinks he is hopeful an acquisition of Evans & Tate would be "the first of several" the company makes throughout New World wine territories.
As in any product category, fashions come and go in the wine business. And, writes Chris Losh, it appears that Old World wines, whether recently rediscovered gems or traditional offerings given a mode...
The European Agriculture Commissioner Mariann Fischer Boel has unveiled the detailed plans for reform of the European wine sector, following a year of consultation. As expected, there has been some wa...
Yarraman Winery is set to return with yet another offer for Evans & Tate, according to local reports....
Australian wine producer McGuigan Simeon Wines has teamed up with Holland's second largest wine importer/distributor, Groupe LFE....
Carlsberg has lined up a range of wines exclusively for the UK on-trade....
Enotria has appointed a new director of sales for the UK off-trade....
Debt-stricken winemaker Evans & Tate appears set to escape financial collapse after its bankers agreed to a financial restructure today (18 June)....
Speculation has surfaced again suggesting that Yarraman Winery is considering another bid for Australian wine group Evans & Tate....
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US