AUS: Yarraman restarts Evans & Tate flirtation - report
Speculation has surfaced again suggesting that Yarraman Winery is considering another bid for Australian wine group Evans & Tate.
WA Business News yesterday (14 June) cited a spokesperson for the US-listed winery as saying that Yarraman is considering making a fresh offer for E&T, after reports claimed that E&T's board have been discussing potential offers and restructuring proposals.
Yarraman started its courtship of E&T late last year, when it made a bid, thought to be worth around A$131m (US$109.5m), for the Australian company. When this was dismissed, Yarraman returned in February with an improved offer valuing E&T at around A$148m. Again, E&T turned this down, and terminated discussions in March.
Earlier this week, E&T said that the Heads of Agreement with its bank, ANZ - which would reduce its debt through the introduction of a third party co-investor - has been terminated. A co-investor had not surfaced, the company said, adding that it has received "an alternative offer for financial restructure of the company".
Trading in E&T's shares was subsequently halted, with a further announcement due "as soon as possible".
The sale of Evans & Tate is finally expected to close next week, local reports have claimed....
McWilliams Wines is set to become the new owner of collapsed West Australian winemaker Evans & Tate....
The future of ailing Australian wine company Evans & Tate will be decided in December, following a creditors meeting yesterday (17 October)....
Foster's Group Limited has entered into a new lease over two Australian vineyards from the Challenger Wine Trust....
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk