AUS: Yarraman chief resigns
Australia's Yarraman Winery has announced the resignation of company CEO and president Andrew Lyon.
Lyon has instead decided to resume control of his family's agribusiness, wine and hospitality interests.
"We would like to thank Andy for his efforts on Yarraman's behalf during this most critical first year as a US public company," said William Stubbs, chairman of the board of Yarraman.
He has today (1 September) been replaced by Wayne Rockall, who has served most recently for two years as sales director for Australian distributor Swift + Moore. Earlier in Rockall's career he worked his way up to commercial director for Diageo Australia, responsible for exports to Europe.
Yarraman noted that Rockall has considerable experience in business acquisitions and mergers and their subsequent integration.
"Rockall's challenge will be to develop trade partnerships and a portfolio of brands crafted to satisfy customer and channel needs as well as to seek and take advantage of any opportunity that may be presented through mergers and acquisitions," said Stubbs.
Coinciding with the publication of Diageo's first-half results, this month's just-drinks interview is with Andrew Morgan, president of Diageo's European operations. Morgan took the opportunity to expl...
The vodka sector's capacity for growth, particularly in the US, appears unbounded, and the big spirits players are all keen to gain full advantage. Major companies have recently swooped for the Svedka...
Cognac producer Camus has struck a distribution deal in India with local spirits group Radico Khaitan....
India's UB Group has embarked on the due diligence of long-time quarry Whyte & Mackay, just-drinks understands....
Evans & Tate has outlined the terms of the latest takeover bid from Yarraman Winery as the two companies embark on a period of due diligence....
Evans & Tate chairman John Hopkins said today (20 February) that the Australian wine group has yet to see the details of how Yarraman Winery would fund its bid for the company....
Diageo is rolling out Hungarian liqueur Zwack to a second US state after a successful test launch....
Australian wine group Evans & Tate has today (20 February) given a "tentative green light" to the latest takeover offer from Yarraman Winery....
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- This week in spirits & wine
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts