US/CHINA: Yao Family Wines signs Pernod Ricard import deal
Pernod Ricard to import Yao Family Wines' Yao Ming brand in China
The company's first wine, a 2009 Napa Valley Cabernet Suavignon, has been released under the Yao Ming brand name, the group said yesterday (28 November). Having played basketball for the Shanghai Sharks, Yao Ming is focused on producing premium wine specifically for the emergent Chinese market.
The firm said that it has appointed Pernod Ricard as its exclusive importer for the Yao Ming brand in mainland China. For Pernod, the deal strengthens its roots in China by tying the company to well-known celebrity.
According to Yao Ming, the wines are aged exclusively in 100% French Oak barrels for at least 18 months. Individual barrels from each lot are hand selected by taste for the final blend. Yao Ming wines are available now in China, but will also be available in the US from 2012.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages