US: Yao Family Wines launches US distribution
Napa Valley winery Yao Family Wines has announced its products are being launched on the US market.
The company, founded by ex-NBA player Yao Ming, first launched in China last year with its 2009 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon and 2009 Family Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon.
US distribution will be handled by California's Regal Wine Company. The wines will be supplied to “select wine shops and restaurants in limited markets”, the company said.
"We are thrilled to introduce our wines to the US market," said Tom Hinde, Yao's president & director of winemaking. "Since our international launch, we've enjoyed a tremendous reception in China and both wines have been very well received by critics and the wine trade.”
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends