CHINA: Yanjing to form new company in Hebei
Yanjing Beer has announced that it is to form a new company in Cangzhou, Hebei Province, trading as Hebei Yanjing Beer Company.
The new company will be set up with an investment of CNY50m (US$6.2m) and will be 99%-owned by Beijing Yanjing Brewery Co., Ltd., with Beijing Yanjing Beverage Co., Ltd. owning the remaining 1%.
The aim is to reinforce the Chinese brewing group's position in the Hebei Province market. Hebei Yanjing Beer Company is expected to be up and running by next May.
Yanjing Beer posted sales of CNY1.889bn (US$234.0m) for the third quarter of 2005, up 18% from last year, with net profit for the quarter rising by 8.6%. For the first three quarters of 2005, net profit rose by 6.8% to CNY282m (US$34.9m), on sales up 15.3% at CNY4.46bn (US$550.8m).
Sectors: Beer & cider
The imported premium vodka, Svedka, is without doubt a brand success story in the dynamic US premium vodka market. But its raunchy advertising has ridden roughshod over industry rules causing concern ...
Cosentino Signature Wines is looking to raise over GBP10m from its impending stock market float....
Napa Valley's Cosentino Signature Wineries plans to raise US$30m by listing on London's AIM market this month....
UK off-licence retail group Unwins is planning to float its Phillips Newman subsidiary on the Aim stock market, and then plans to float itself on the Aim market, according to the Daily Telegraph....
The European Commission has opened a formal investigation into a planned €7.425m-subsidy package planned by the Dutch government into its country's malt sector. ...
The Swedish state-run alcohol retailer Systembolaget is to set up a subsidiary whose aim will be to cut alcohol consumption, the local press reported today (6 May)....
The UK brewer Young & Co.'s has proposed simplify its share structure, in a plan that is expected to provide greater liquidity in its voting shares....
Danone and Yakult have announced a joint venture to sell probiotic products in India. The move marks the first entrance by either company into the Indian market, in which they are aiming to become lea...
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends