CHINA: Yanjing branches out in China – report
Beijing Yanjing Brewery is to build a brewery in the west of China, according to local reports.
China News Digest said today (21 March) that the company had signed a deal to invest CNY200m (US$24.9m) in the construction of the brewery in Shihezi, located in the Xinjiang region. The new facility will be located in the Shihezi Economic and Technological Development Zone and will initially have an annual production capacity of 100,000 tonnes of beer.
Construction is scheduled to start next month, the news agency added, and production should begin at the end of October. The site will have initial annual production capacity of 100,000 tonnes of beer, although this will be doubled in the future.
The Shihezi unit will be Yanjing's 22nd subsidiary in China. In October last year, Yanjing announced that it would form a new company in Cangzhou, Hebei Province, trading as Hebei Yanjing Beer Company.
Sectors: Beer & cider
China’s development as an economic force throws up comparisons between the developed economies of the western world and that of the most exciting developing market on the planet. However, China’s rapi...
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends