JAPAN: Yakult sales surge in SARS fears
Yakult, the fermented lactic drink from Yakult Honsha Company, is experiencing a significant upsurge in sales across Hong Kong and other Asian markets due to a rumour that Yakult can prevent severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS).
According to the company in Japan, daily sales of Yakult reached 900,000 units in Hong Kong on March 31st, up from about 478,000 on March 24th and 366,000 on March 25th. Sales in April jumped 25% on a year-to-year basis.
For more research on Access Asia visit our store at: www.just-drinks.com/store
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard pairs Usain Bolt with Mumm Champagne