Product Launch - US: Yakult Honsha Co's Yakult Light
Click through to view Yakult Honsha Co's Yakult Light
Yakult Honsha Co's Yakult Light
Category - Soft drinks, probiotic bacterial, reduced calories
Available - From mid July
Location - US, chain grocery stores in Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas and Utah, and Asian and Hispanic independent markets
Price - US$2.99 per 5x8cl pack
Japan's Yakult Honsha Co has released a lower-calorie version of its pro-biotic dairy drink Yakult.
Yakult Light contains 30 calories compared to 50 calories in regular Yakult. It contains no preservatives, no gluten and no high-fructose corn syrup and has two-thirds less sugar than regular Yakult, the company announced yesterday (5 July).
The drink is sweetened with sweetener Reb A, extracted from the stevia leaf, and sugar, the company said. The packaging will be light blue, compared to regular Yakult's red and white.
Yakult Light is produced by Yakult USA, a subsidiary of Yakult Honsha based in California.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future