Product Launch - US: Yakult Honsha Co's Yakult Light
Click through to view Yakult Honsha Co's Yakult Light
Yakult Honsha Co's Yakult Light
Category - Soft drinks, probiotic bacterial, reduced calories
Available - From mid July
Location - US, chain grocery stores in Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas and Utah, and Asian and Hispanic independent markets
Price - US$2.99 per 5x8cl pack
Japan's Yakult Honsha Co has released a lower-calorie version of its pro-biotic dairy drink Yakult.
Yakult Light contains 30 calories compared to 50 calories in regular Yakult. It contains no preservatives, no gluten and no high-fructose corn syrup and has two-thirds less sugar than regular Yakult, the company announced yesterday (5 July).
The drink is sweetened with sweetener Reb A, extracted from the stevia leaf, and sugar, the company said. The packaging will be light blue, compared to regular Yakult's red and white.
Yakult Light is produced by Yakult USA, a subsidiary of Yakult Honsha based in California.
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Brown-Forman's Q1 performance by region, brand
- Why Vietnam is the next beer battleground
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- ASA bans Diageo's Captain Morgan UK ad
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Staying in the Mix: The Global Concentrates Market in 2016