Product Launch - US: Yakult Honsha Co's Yakult Light
Click through to view Yakult Honsha Co's Yakult Light
Yakult Honsha Co's Yakult Light
Category - Soft drinks, probiotic bacterial, reduced calories
Available - From mid July
Location - US, chain grocery stores in Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas and Utah, and Asian and Hispanic independent markets
Price - US$2.99 per 5x8cl pack
Japan's Yakult Honsha Co has released a lower-calorie version of its pro-biotic dairy drink Yakult.
Yakult Light contains 30 calories compared to 50 calories in regular Yakult. It contains no preservatives, no gluten and no high-fructose corn syrup and has two-thirds less sugar than regular Yakult, the company announced yesterday (5 July).
The drink is sweetened with sweetener Reb A, extracted from the stevia leaf, and sugar, the company said. The packaging will be light blue, compared to regular Yakult's red and white.
Yakult Light is produced by Yakult USA, a subsidiary of Yakult Honsha based in California.
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends