Product Launch - US: Yakult Honsha Co's Yakult Light
Click through to view Yakult Honsha Co's Yakult Light
Yakult Honsha Co's Yakult Light
Category - Soft drinks, probiotic bacterial, reduced calories
Available - From mid July
Location - US, chain grocery stores in Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas and Utah, and Asian and Hispanic independent markets
Price - US$2.99 per 5x8cl pack
Japan's Yakult Honsha Co has released a lower-calorie version of its pro-biotic dairy drink Yakult.
Yakult Light contains 30 calories compared to 50 calories in regular Yakult. It contains no preservatives, no gluten and no high-fructose corn syrup and has two-thirds less sugar than regular Yakult, the company announced yesterday (5 July).
The drink is sweetened with sweetener Reb A, extracted from the stevia leaf, and sugar, the company said. The packaging will be light blue, compared to regular Yakult's red and white.
Yakult Light is produced by Yakult USA, a subsidiary of Yakult Honsha based in California.
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends