Product Launch - US: Yakult Honsha Co's Yakult Light
Click through to view Yakult Honsha Co's Yakult Light
Yakult Honsha Co's Yakult Light
Category - Soft drinks, probiotic bacterial, reduced calories
Available - From mid July
Location - US, chain grocery stores in Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas and Utah, and Asian and Hispanic independent markets
Price - US$2.99 per 5x8cl pack
Japan's Yakult Honsha Co has released a lower-calorie version of its pro-biotic dairy drink Yakult.
Yakult Light contains 30 calories compared to 50 calories in regular Yakult. It contains no preservatives, no gluten and no high-fructose corn syrup and has two-thirds less sugar than regular Yakult, the company announced yesterday (5 July).
The drink is sweetened with sweetener Reb A, extracted from the stevia leaf, and sugar, the company said. The packaging will be light blue, compared to regular Yakult's red and white.
Yakult Light is produced by Yakult USA, a subsidiary of Yakult Honsha based in California.
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research