US: XStream signs $2m duty free deal
XStream Beverage Group has signed a one-year, US$2m exclusive distribution agreement with Miami-based FTZ Ship and Duty Free Supplies Inc, Havana International.
Havana will become the exclusive distributor of XStream's proprietary energy drink Yohimbe in the Dominican Republic, Haiti, Jamaica, Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Suriname, French Guyana and St. Marten.
"The Caribbean represents an attractive market for the energy drink category," said XStream Beverage Group CEO Jerry Pearring. "We wanted to hit the ground running with a distributor that had the ability to get our product in the marketplace quickly and efficiently. We've been impressed with Havana's success and look forward to a long and mutually beneficial relationship."
Havana International distributes products domestically to 16 states, cruise ships, sea stores, duty-free stores and the United States military as well as the Caribbean.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Johnnie Walker Bourbon Cask & Rye Finish - NPD
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report