US: XStream acquires Squeeze soda
The US-based XStream Beverage Group has acquired the "Squeeze" soda brand. The brand was acquired in an all-stock purchase from Squeeze Beverage, Inc. Specific terms were not disclosed.
Squeeze, founded in 1920, was a prominent national brand distributed in more than 30 states. But current distribution has been limited to a few markets in the New England area.
"Squeeze is an ideal addition to our growing product line and it is in keeping with our short- and long-term strategy to build brands while establishing our own distribution network," said Jerry Pearring, CEO, XStream Beverage Group, Inc. "We intend on tweaking the current flavors and updating the packaging prior to expanding the brand. Gourmet sodas, in particular nostalgic, retro brands, are a growing category in the beverage market."
Sectors: Soft drinks
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- This week in spirits & wine
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts