US: Xanté liqueur plans US launch
Scandinavia's second most popular liqueur brand, Xanté, plans to make its debut into the US domestic market next February.
Miami-based importer Kindred Spirits will price the Cognac-based pear liqueur at about US$40 per bottle, initially targeting New York and Miami before a wider roll out. Xanté now features a taller, more contemporary bottle, which has been redesigned by British design agency, Claessens International.
"We will be focusing on top bars and restaurants," said Xanté CEO Adele Nilsson. "We think bartenders will find the brand very versatile as it can be served neat, on the rocks or as part of a cocktail. In Scandinavia, men tend to drink it like a Cognac in a balloon glass."
Launched in 1992, Xanté is produced in Belgium, but the company's headquarters are in Stockholm. The brand sold 2m bottles last year and was exported to 17 countries worldwide.
Champagne and Cognac group Rémy Cointreau watched its full-year sales slip by 11.6% this week as demand for premium alcohol continued to drop. Michelle Russell assesses the group's prospects....
Fortune Brands has reported a 93% dive in first quarter net profits, with sales at Beam Global Spirits & Wine down by more than 5%....
The Sauza Tequila distillery in Mexico, owned by Beam Global Spirits & Wine, has receieved a certificate in recognition of its social responsibility commitments....
A new campaign to educate trade professionals and consumers about Cognac is being launched, as official figures show that global Cognac sales have fallen by 9% in volume terms in the last year....
Moët Hennessy, the wine & spirits arm of LVMH, has launched Hennessy Black Cognac in ten states across the US, in its first major launch for the brand since 1961....
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, the French luxury goods firm at the centre of takeover speculation this week, has reported Champagne and Cognac sales down by more than a fifth in the first quarter o...
A shake-up is underway in the global spirits industry, with Beam Global Spirits & Wine potentially under threat and the emergence of a "new Maxxium" on the cards, an industry analyst has told the Worl...
Pernod Ricard has launched an ultra-premium, limited edition brand extension for its Martell Cognac brand in the US....
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends