US: Xanté liqueur plans US launch
Scandinavia's second most popular liqueur brand, Xanté, plans to make its debut into the US domestic market next February.
Miami-based importer Kindred Spirits will price the Cognac-based pear liqueur at about US$40 per bottle, initially targeting New York and Miami before a wider roll out. Xanté now features a taller, more contemporary bottle, which has been redesigned by British design agency, Claessens International.
"We will be focusing on top bars and restaurants," said Xanté CEO Adele Nilsson. "We think bartenders will find the brand very versatile as it can be served neat, on the rocks or as part of a cocktail. In Scandinavia, men tend to drink it like a Cognac in a balloon glass."
Launched in 1992, Xanté is produced in Belgium, but the company's headquarters are in Stockholm. The brand sold 2m bottles last year and was exported to 17 countries worldwide.
Champagne and Cognac group Rémy Cointreau watched its full-year sales slip by 11.6% this week as demand for premium alcohol continued to drop. Michelle Russell assesses the group's prospects....
Fortune Brands has reported a 93% dive in first quarter net profits, with sales at Beam Global Spirits & Wine down by more than 5%....
The Sauza Tequila distillery in Mexico, owned by Beam Global Spirits & Wine, has receieved a certificate in recognition of its social responsibility commitments....
A new campaign to educate trade professionals and consumers about Cognac is being launched, as official figures show that global Cognac sales have fallen by 9% in volume terms in the last year....
Moët Hennessy, the wine & spirits arm of LVMH, has launched Hennessy Black Cognac in ten states across the US, in its first major launch for the brand since 1961....
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, the French luxury goods firm at the centre of takeover speculation this week, has reported Champagne and Cognac sales down by more than a fifth in the first quarter o...
A shake-up is underway in the global spirits industry, with Beam Global Spirits & Wine potentially under threat and the emergence of a "new Maxxium" on the cards, an industry analyst has told the Worl...
Pernod Ricard has launched an ultra-premium, limited edition brand extension for its Martell Cognac brand in the US....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014