US: Xanté Co/Peter F Heering switches distributor
Sweden-based The Xanté Company/Peter F Heering has appointed Gemini Spirits & Wine as its new US importer.
Chicago-based Gemini will handle pear-flavoured Cognac liqueur Xanté and cherry liqueur Heering from 1 November, replacing previous distributor Kindred Spirits.
Xanté Company/Peter F Heering's customer services manager, Anna-Karin Olofsson, said the distributor switch is necessary because of the Swedish company’s US expansion plans. “To take the brands to the next level we felt it was necessary to have a stronger sales force with more people on the street,” she said.
The brand portfolio of Gemini, a subsidiary of the Sazerac Company, also includes Cachaça 51, Kilbeggan Irish whiskey and Glenfarclas single malt Scotch whisky.
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Constellation recalls Corona over glass threat