UK: Wynns Coonawarra signs Matthew Clark, Wine Studio for UK distribution
Australian winery Wynns Coonawarra Estate has signed a distribution deal with Matthew Clark and its sister company Wine Studio for on-trade distribution in the UK.
The Foster's-owned company said on Tuesday (12 February) that the agreement will "ensure Wynns Coonawarra Estate gains a high profile through the strong distribution base that has been established by Matthew Clark".
Matthew Clark group purchasing director Andrea Ruggeri said: "We are delighted to welcome Wynns Coonawarra Estate into the Mathew Clark portfolio. Such a prestigious brand with real heritage and outstanding quality credentials can only add depth and diversity to our premium Australian offering."
Foster's EMEA business controller for the on-trade Simon Brook added: "We are very pleased to announce this agreement with Matthew Clark. Regionality in Australia is becoming increasingly important in the trade and Wynns Coonawarra Estate is a key part of our Australian regional strategy."
The Wynns Coonawarra Estate will add a Riesling, Chardonnay, Shiraz, Cabernet Shiraz Merlot, and a Cabernet Sauvignon, known as 'Black Label', to the Matthew Clark portfolio.
The flagship wines including John Riddoch Cabernet Sauvignon and Michael Shiraz will be available through Wine Studio, the company said.
The runners and riders are lining up to buy Cadbury Schweppes' Australian soft drinks unit, should it be put up for sale....
Foster's has been slapped with a fine following the death of a worker at one of its breweries in Australia....
Molson Coors has posted a marked drop in profits for the first half of this year, as one-off charges made their presence felt....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
The CEO of Foster's Group is set to leave the Australian company today (21 July)....
This week InBev and Anheuser continue to keep the pages ticking over on just-drinks. Amongst the other stories at the top of the most read pages were reports on C&C, an interview with Carlsberg's CEO ...
Coca-Cola Amail has distanced itself from speculation linking it to a bid for Foster's Group, according to local reports....
Foster's Group has brought in a senior executive from the National Australia Bank to join its board....
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report