UK: WSTA unveils EU wine moderation plan
The Wine & Spirit Trade Association has launched European wine plan in the UK.
The plan is designed to ensure that wine is promoted in a way that encourages moderation and responsibility in alcohol consumption and to make moderation fashionable, the WSTA said yesterday (18 April).
The EU Wine Plan for Responsible Consumption Communication is based around what the WSTA calls a 'common message' and will be communicated through the new Wine Information Council, an 'Arts de Vivre' education campaign and the European Wine Communication Standards.
"Wine, as with all alcohol, if consumed in moderation, can be part of a perfectly healthy lifestyle," said WSTA chief executive Jeremy Beadles. "We want to work with Comité Vins and with all our European counterparts in ensuring that alcohol is treated with respect and enjoyed responsibly. We hope that the 'Arts de Vivre' campaign will help us in this.
CEEV vice president and chairman of the CEEV Wine and Health Working Committee George Sandeman added: "The effective implementation of this commitment for the moderation and responsibility in the consumption of wines is a strategic priority to ensure the sustainable development of the EU wine chain, fully compatible with a healthier Europe."
News this week that SABMiller and Molson Coors are to team up in the US beer market may have caught the industry by surprise, but the logic is compelling. As Olly Wehring reports, not only can the dea...
Alcohol consumption in the UK has dropped for the second consecutive year, according to industry figures....
Rum producers from French overseas departments (counties) have been given a 50% tax break on excise duty charged on sales within mainland France, stretching until December 2012....
Singha Corp has announced plans to add a seventh plant to its operations specifically for bottled water and carbonated beverages....
SABMiller and Molson Coors have confirmed plans to combine their US and Puerto Rico operations....
Carlsberg has launched a new high alcohol beer from its Celarevo brewery, making it the strongest beer available in the Serbian market....
Radico Khaitan has teamed up with two other Indian companies to build a new distillery in the western state of Maharashtra....
Indian conglomerate UB Group has announced a raft of key executive appointments at at its drinks subsidiaries, Whyte & Mackay, United Spirits and United Breweries, promoting long-standing employees to...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future