UK: WSTA to hold low alcohol wines forum
A forum on the market prospects for low alcohol wine is to be held for retailers and producers by the Wine & Spirit Trade Association in the UK.
Speakers will include Dan Jago, head of Tesco's wine division, Andrea Ruggeri of supplier Matthew Clark and Jeremy Beadles, CEO of the Wine & Spirits Trade Association (WSTA). Wine critic Jancis Robinson MW will chair the event.
The forum will hear the latest market research from TFC Wines & Spirits and PLB, pointing to growing consumer demand for a wider range of lower alcohol wines, the WSTA said today (18 August)
Beadles said: "Given the prevailing public agenda around healthy living, it's timely for the trade to be sharing information and expertise on lower alcohol wines. Some of the biggest names in the business are taking part and I hope this event will stimulate lively debate."
Wine producers in Europe continue to face a range of EU technical regulations against lowering the alcohol content of wine, although the European Commission has committed itself to reversing several barriers faced by companies.
Earlier this year, UK firm Sovio Wines lost a two-year legal battle to overturn a ban on its 8% abv wine on the UK market.
A Conservative victory in this year's UK General Election would prompt an overhaul of licensing, marketing and labelling laws for alcoholic drinks....
Children under the age of 15 should never be given alcohol and and teenagers under 18 should be supervised to help curb a culture for excess drinking in the UK, according to new Government advice....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research