UK: WSTA elects new board
The UK's Wine and Spirit Trade Association has announced the election of its new board and new chairman, Barry Sutton.
The new board's prime objective is to implement a programme set out by a working group that earlier this year looked into the association's structure, operations and governance.
"The new lean organisation that starts operating today will ensure rapid and effective responses to the trade's needs for early warnings, support, information and consultation," Sutton said. "We look forward to a new stage in the WSTA's development that will result in a more efficient representation of and response to our members' needs."
Other board members include: Christopher Carson (Constellation), Allan Cheesman (consultant), Rick Connor (Pernod Ricard/Chivas Brothers), David Cox (Brown-Forman wines), Tim How (Majestic), Nick Hyde (Diageo), Dan Jago (Bibendum), Patrick McGrath (Hatch Mansfield), Adrian McKeon (Allied Domecq Wines), Bill Page (Mentzendorff), Michael Paul (Western Wines), Bob Rishworth (Halewood International), Chris Searle (Bacardi-Martini), Johnny Wheeler (Lay & Wheeler), and Tom Yusef (FFG Hillebrand).
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Constellation Brands has reported record net sales and net income for its full year, despite a tough fourth quarter, in which it was hit by acquisition costs....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are considering a US$13 billion bid for Allied Domecq, the world's second-largest spirits company. Were it to take place, Pernod and Fortune would split Allied's brand...
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
Frescobaldi has bought out Constellation from its joint venture, according to press reports....
The US consumer goods group Fortune Brands has confirmed it is in talks about launching a joint bid with Pernod Ricard for Allied Domecq....
Fideuram Wargny has upgraded its rating of Pernod Ricard to 'buy' from 'hold'. Its analysts argue that the merger talks with Allied Domecq is a catalyst for share growth....
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research