UK: WSA warns European wine must reform
The UK's Wine & Spirit Association has warned the European wine industry that a comprehensive analysis of the European wine regime with the consumer as the main focus is essential, if the sector is not to lose further ground to the New World. Speaking to a seminar, which included the Comité General de la Cooperation Agricole de L'Ue (COGECA), Comité Européen des Entreprises Vins (CEV) and the European Federation of Wine and Spirit Importers (EFWSID), Allan Cheesman of Sainsbury's spoke on behalf of the Wine and Spirit Association (WSA) and EFWSID. He argued that the consumer will end up deciding the future of European wine.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020