UK: WSA warns European wine must reform
The UK's Wine & Spirit Association has warned the European wine industry that a comprehensive analysis of the European wine regime with the consumer as the main focus is essential, if the sector is not to lose further ground to the New World. Speaking to a seminar, which included the Comité General de la Cooperation Agricole de L'Ue (COGECA), Comité Européen des Entreprises Vins (CEV) and the European Federation of Wine and Spirit Importers (EFWSID), Allan Cheesman of Sainsbury's spoke on behalf of the Wine and Spirit Association (WSA) and EFWSID. He argued that the consumer will end up deciding the future of European wine.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Top Trends in Hot Drinks 2017