UK: WSA warns European wine must reform
The UK's Wine & Spirit Association has warned the European wine industry that a comprehensive analysis of the European wine regime with the consumer as the main focus is essential, if the sector is not to lose further ground to the New World. Speaking to a seminar, which included the Comité General de la Cooperation Agricole de L'Ue (COGECA), Comité Européen des Entreprises Vins (CEV) and the European Federation of Wine and Spirit Importers (EFWSID), Allan Cheesman of Sainsbury's spoke on behalf of the Wine and Spirit Association (WSA) and EFWSID. He argued that the consumer will end up deciding the future of European wine.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits