USA: WOW - Wine Obsession Week - wine.com Celebrates the Nation's New Passion!
Kicking off with the world's largest online wine tasting, wine.com's inaugural WOW - Wine Obsession Week will celebrate the nation's growing interest in food and wine and honor individuals and wineries who are leaders in these industries. Beginning Friday, August 18, 2000 to Saturday, August 25, 2000, wine.com, the leading online wine destination, is holding a series of public events centered around appreciation of wine. Additionally, wine.com will contribute an amount equal to 5% of all orders placed through wine.com's website during WOW to the Napa Valley Migrant Farm workers Housing Fund. This fund helps to ease the problems associated with a shortage of affordable housing in the Napa area. "This an exciting time in the wine industry. An increasing variety of wines plus expanded distribution through the Internet is leading more and more people to realize how interesting and fun the discovery of wine can be," said Bill Newlands, president and CEO of wine.com. "WOW celebrates the great wines being produced today by centuries-old techniques and embraces the advantages offered by the Net."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- AB InBev launches Budweiser Uber tie-up in UK