S AFRICA: WOSA plans mega Pan-European Tasting
South Africa is breaking away from its traditional, annual UK and European road show, opting instead for a mega Pan-European tasting at Billingsgate in London.
The two-day show, to be organised by Wines of South Africa (WOSA) on 11 and 12 October is intended as a high-impact exhibition type event, which will include themed tastings.
Besides the wine media, it will be aimed at the both the on- and off- trade from throughout the UK and the continent, which collectively accounts for about 90% of South Africa's wine trade.
More than 200 wineries have signed up to present their wines. The wineries will showcase their brands by region and not under the banner of their importing agents.
"As far as we know, no such event has ever been offered by another wine-producing country," WOSA CEO, Su Birch said in Stellenbosch today (2 June).
Wosa has also created a detailed on-line catalogue highlighting the participating wineries, their products and price points to enable visitors to plan their visits effectively. The catalogue is available at www.wosa.co.za.
- Winners & losers of AB InBev's SABMiller takeover
- Can Bacardi take its rum back to the party?
- ABInBev on the verge of SABMiller buy? - Comment
- How big is MegaBrew? ABI/SAB market share, brands
- What Trans-Pacific Partnership means for drinks
- Anheuser-Busch InBev wins SABMiller's hand
- A-B InBev raises SABMiller offer to GBP70.5bn
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- Beam Suntory CMO to stand down
- Ketel One co-owner now Bols' largest shareholder
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report