UK: WOSA names replacement UK market manager
Wines of South Africa (WOSA) has appointed a new manager for the UK market.
The generic body, which represents South African wine, said today (27 November) that Jo Mason will replace Sophie Waggett who is stepping down to have a baby.
Mason, who takes up the appointment in January, is currently associate director at Westbury Communications, where her clients have included major wine brands, boutique wineries, generic organisations and importers. She has managed generic campaigns for the Languedoc and VDP d'Oc appellations and Wines of Argentina. She previously worked for UK wine retailer Majestic Wine Warehouse.
"We are sad to be losing Sophie, but feel confident that Jo will be a great asset to WOSA," said WOSA's chief executive Su Birch. "There are plenty of challenges facing us in the year ahead and we are determined to regain lost market share. We are looking forward to working with Jo."
Coming up at this year's London International Wine & Spirits Fair…...
Majestic Brands has brought California Cooler back to the US market....
Pernod Ricard has lined up a sparkling wine offering in the UK from its Montana wine brand....
UK wine retailer Majestic saw sales rise over 4% during the Christmas period, the company said today (3 January)....
UK wine retailer Majestic saw pre-tax profits leap 17% to GBP6.5m (US$12.4m) for the first half of the year, as its fine wine sales grew strongly....
Chilean wine producer Viña Ventisquero has upped its presence on the UK high street....
UK wine retailer Majestic Wine is looking to open more new stores this year as it looks to build on a strong last 12 months....
UK wine retailer Majestic Wine has reported an 11% rise in full-year profits as consumers continued to spend more on higher-priced wines....
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research