UK: World rollout planned for Budweiser's award winning "Whassup" campaign
"Whassup" a Budweiser advertising campaign based on what began as a greeting among friends more than 15 years ago, has turned into one of the hottest advertising properties, and was launched in the UK, this week.Based on the real life greeting exchanged by the advert's director and stars, the series has spawned a catch-phrase craze and picked up the prestigious Grand Prix award in Cannes. "Whassup?! Has been a phenomenon in the US, and the response from adult consumers over there has been overwhelmingly positive. It is growing in popularity around the world," said Budweiser marketing manager, Kerry Babe.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- NPD: The Craft Cocktail Revolution
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Suntory Holdings to split beer, spirits division
- Quintessential Brands changes MD at Essential unit