UK: World rollout planned for Budweiser's award winning "Whassup" campaign
"Whassup" a Budweiser advertising campaign based on what began as a greeting among friends more than 15 years ago, has turned into one of the hottest advertising properties, and was launched in the UK, this week.Based on the real life greeting exchanged by the advert's director and stars, the series has spawned a catch-phrase craze and picked up the prestigious Grand Prix award in Cannes. "Whassup?! Has been a phenomenon in the US, and the response from adult consumers over there has been overwhelmingly positive. It is growing in popularity around the world," said Budweiser marketing manager, Kerry Babe.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Pernod Ricard set for CMO switch
- Scotch whisky leaders sign pro-UK letter
- Bacardi announces CFO switch