UK: World rollout planned for Budweiser's award winning "Whassup" campaign
"Whassup" a Budweiser advertising campaign based on what began as a greeting among friends more than 15 years ago, has turned into one of the hottest advertising properties, and was launched in the UK, this week.Based on the real life greeting exchanged by the advert's director and stars, the series has spawned a catch-phrase craze and picked up the prestigious Grand Prix award in Cannes. "Whassup?! Has been a phenomenon in the US, and the response from adult consumers over there has been overwhelmingly positive. It is growing in popularity around the world," said Budweiser marketing manager, Kerry Babe.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research