FRANCE: Works council call on Sarkozy to protect "Source Perrier"
The Source Perrier works council has called on French President Nicolas Sarkozy to intervene to prevent any move by Nestlé to transfer production of the sparkling mineral water away from Vergèze in Provence.
The appeal follows company plans to remove 'Source Perrier' from road signs near the Vergèze plant, replacing it with Nestlé Waters Supply Sud. The council fears this is part of Nestlé's hidden agenda to downgrade Vergèze's status as the sole Perrier site ahead of relocating production elsewhere.
However, Nestlé Waters France has played down any ulterior motives over the issue claiming it asked the local highways authority how much it would cost to change the road signs in order to make it easier for foreign truck drivers to find the plant given that the name in their order books is Nestlé Waters Supply Sud.
A glance at the "Water List" at exclusive London hotel Claridge's may give one a glimpse into the future for the water sector. The lofty prices being asked for exotic waters sourced from far-flung cou...
The House Subcommittee on Domestic Policy convened yesterday (12 December) to examine the environmental impact of water bottling and extraction on communities across the US....
Laurent-Perrier has posted a marked rise in operating profit for its first half....
Italian water brand Sanpellegrino, which is part of Nestlé Waters, has relaunched its Limonata (lemon) and Aranciata (orange) sparkling fruit drinks in the UK, US, Canada, Greece and Australia....
Laurent-Perrier has reported a healthy lift in sales for the first half of its financial year, outstripping the growth rate of Champagne in general....
Laurent-Perrier has reported a 15.1% rise in 2007-08 first-half sales to EUR115.43m, on the back of a strong performance by the Laurent-Perrier brand, particularly in Japan....
Laurent-Perrier UK is dropping its agency wines portfolio to focus solely on Champagne in the country....
Global bottled water consumption has continued to increase, with Asia/Australasia and North America leading the markets, according to a recent report....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets