Work starts on Edrington's new The Macallan distillery
Edrington's new distillery for The Macallan should be operational towards the end of 2017
The company, which announced its plans to spend GBP100m (US$163m) on the facility a year ago, marked the official beginning of construction yesterday. Work is expected to take around three years, although no production capacity details were disclosed.
The current site has an annual capacity of 10m litres.
“Today represents an exciting new chapter for Edrington and a major step in The Macallan’s long-term commitment to be the leading premium spirit in the world,” said Edrington CEO Ian Curle. “Over the next three years, we will bring The Macallan brand experience to life in a truly unique style.”
To read an exclusive just-drinks interview with Curle from earlier this year, click here.
Edrington has rolled out its The Famous Grouse advertising campaign to the UK. ...
Edrington has readied a global campaign for its The Famous Grouse blended Scotch brand....
Edrington has lined up a revamp of its The Black Grouse Scotch whisky brand that includes a name change....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends