UK/AUS: Wm Grant strikes Suntory deal
William Grant, which owns a portfolio including Glenfiddich single malt Scotch whisky, said today (15 January) that the agreement would go live on 1 April. Suntory will take over the distribution of the William Grant stable, marking the end of the UK distiller's eight-year deal with Maxxium.
Kevin Fong, William Grant's managing director for Asia-Pacific & global travel retail said: "With their vast experience of developing brands for the long-term, their solid understanding of building premium brands with heritage and quality, and their knowledge of our award-winning portfolio, Suntory are an ideal choice for growing our business in Australia."
Suntory will handle three brands owned by William Grant - Glenfiddich, Grant's and The Balvenie.
Thys Loubser was previously a high flier in the chemical industry but when he was invited to become CEO of the South African wine group KWV he had no hesitation in taking the job. In this month's just...
Beam's acquisition of Teacher's and Laphroaig may not have attracted as much attention as some other elements of the Allied Domecq sell-off but as Michael Cockram, Scotch brand director at Beam Global...
Established as the dominant force in its domestic wines and spirits market and as an exporter to other African countries, South African group Distell is now aiming to raise its profile in global marke...
Diageo has lodged a planning application with Moray Council for the first major distillery in Scotland for more than 30 years....
Japanese brewers Sapporo, Asahi, Kirin, Suntory and Orion have shown a second straight month of year-on-year decreases in beer shipments, according to reports....
Chivas Brothers has unveiled an international TV marketing campaign for its Chivas Regal 18-year-old Scotch whisky targeting the financial community....
Scotch whisky firm Whyte & Mackay's group managing director has resigned....
Chivas Brothers has invested in two of its bottling operations in Scotland....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets